Drum Corps Show "FirstBeat" in Summerville, SC

You should join the other guy on here and start posting in all caps. It would be even more awesome! :thumbup:

Not as awesome as your waffles though.

Great. So it's ok to express your opinion, but only if it's positive. In other words, the crowd can clap and cheer but not boo a placement. Got it.

Why is one ok and not the other? You ought to consider that before you answer.

Booing is for dumbasses, imo.

No fan has the requisite knowledge to judge all the captions in a show. I played a brass instrument. I don't know diddley about percussion.... or guard. So if the brass line is good, but the percussion line or guard is maybe subpar, I don't know that to be honest about it. If the reverse was true, and I was a guard person, I wouldn't know if the brass line ( or percussion line ) was better or worse than another Corps either. So sure, fans are entitled to boo overall placements where the caption scores are all added up. Just like I'm ( and others ) are entitled to say they are dumbasses for booing the overall caption tally for the placement when it's added up too. I just think booing placements is wrong.. and stupid. And it doesn't matter who the Corps is nor how many people engage in the stupidity either, imo. The Blue Devils placements have been booed a lot of late. And its a sign that we still have a lot of ignorant fans sitting in the stands these days. I may not like a particular show from ( say ) BD , but I don't believe I have the overall requisite training and skills to determine scores and placements. I leave that to the judges, and as result would never think of booing a score or a placement. And never have, even when my most entertaining Corps of the night finished lower than the placement of other Corps. DCI's Title winning Corps each year is rarely my most entertaining Corps of the year. BD last year wasn't even in my top 10. But this not mean I did not think they were deserving of their win. I just don't know that. Its beyond my abilities. So to boo placements is stupid... and frankly is what people who are rude and ignorant do, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I read it. I'm also an alum and I have a different opinion. We're all entitled to that. You act as if this is some sort of orchestrated event, pre-planned to denigrate the kids or the judges. Cheering (or booing) is usually a visceral reaction. If this were something that was JUST happening with the Scouts, you might have a point...but it's not. Like I said, I have been to many shows over the last few years where the Scouts placement was not booed. Only when the crowd vehemently disagrees does it happen.

Murfreesboro '99 was a good example. The entire crowd was raining boos and then followed it with a stadium-wide standing O. They were voicing their displeasure at the placement and then their appreciation for what the Scouts had thrown down...nothing more.

I understand where your coming from i am speaking about booing in general . I dont like it. its my choice. I not saying that because it happened last night that i thought it was orchestrated. I personally dont like it it shows poor taste . again its my opinion. i ready to put this to rest. I wish you the best this year can we make peace. Have a good day

• Like 1

Booing is for dumbasses, imo.

No fan has the requisite knowledge to judge all the captions in a show. I played a brass instrument. I don't know diddley about percussion.... or guard. So if the brass line is good, but the percussion line or guard is maybe subpar, I don't know that to be honest about it. If the reverse was true, and I was a guard person, I wouldn't know if the brass line ( or percussion line ) was better or worse than another Corps either. So sure, fans are entitled to boo overall placements where the caption scores are all added up. Just like I'm ( and others ) are entitled to say they are dumbasses for booing the overall caption tally for the placement when it's added up too. I just think booing placements is wrong.. and stupid. And it doesn't matter who the Corps is nor how many people engage in the stupidity either, imo. The Blue Devils placements have been booed a lot of late. And its a sign that we still have a lot of ignorant fans sitting in the stands these days. I may not like a particular show from ( say ) BD , but I don't believe I have the overall requisite training and skills to determine scores and placements. I leave that to the judges, and as result would never think of booing a score or a placement. And never have, even when my most entertaining Corps of the night finished lower than the placement of other Corps. DCI's Title winning Corps each year is rarely my most entertaining Corps of the year. BD last year wasn't even in my top 10. But this not mean I did not think they were deserving of their win. I just don't know that. Its beyond my abilities. So to boo placements is stupid... and frankly is what people who are rude and ignorant do, imo.

Ok, but let's be honest...are they booing because they are all experts in the marching arts or because the Scouts came out and blew the house down with a powerful, exciting and entertaining show? I think the answer to that explains everything with regard to a crowd at a show.

This post has been deleted.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

All I have to say is that the crowd is going to do what they want whether we like it or not. I'm not for the booing but it happened, let's get over it now.

Madison, Boston, and Blue Knights all deserve the same amount of respect and are all putting on awesome shows this year.

(yay positive!)