How many Open class corps will make semi-finals?

Highest ranking for an OC corps - I think that the top four OC corps will find themselves competing with Mandarins, Teal Sound, Cascades, and Pioneer for spots 19-27. The #1 Open Class corps could finish anywhere in there; my bet is that it will finish 20th or 21st.

At this point, I only see three OC corps getting into Semis, with Spartans finishing 26th and Pioneer 27th.

I do believe the OC winner will be the highest scoring corps in prelims. The best corps on Wednesday should also be the best corps on Thursday.

I believe BDB will finish 23rd, behind the Cascades. Pioneer, SCVC, OC, and Spartans will battle for the last two spots. My guess would be SCVC and OC.

I do believe the OC winner will be the highest scoring corps in prelims. The best corps on Wednesday should also be the best corps on Thursday.

Except for all of those years when there's been a switch at Finals.... :tongue::ph34r:

i think we'll see three, possibly 4 corps in there, filling in the 18-25 range.

• Like 1

Except for all of those years when there's been a switch at Finals.... :tongue::ph34r:

i think we'll see three, possibly 4 corps in there, filling in the 18-25 range.

The 18th best WC corps (Pacific Crest) scored a 77.35 last night. The 19th/20th best WC corps (Mandarins and Teal Sound) are at about a 75 on WC sheets. The top OC corps are at 87/88 on OC sheets. It is tough to translate from OC to WC sheets but history says it is roughly a 15-20 point drop. I am assuming 15 points and that puts the to OC corps in a battle with Jersey Surf and Cascades at best and more likely a battle with Pioneer. I think 18th is 100% out of reach this year; 19-20 is very unlikely; 21-22 is moderately achievable; and 23-25 is in range.

Edited by jwscv87

Nevermind

Edited by NashvillePat

The 18th best WC corps (Pacific Crest) scored a 77.35 last night. The 19th/20th best WC corps (Mandarins and Teal Sound) are at about a 75 on WC sheets. The top OC corps are at 87/88 on OC sheets. It is tough to translate from OC top WC sheets but history says it is roughly a 15-20 point drop. I am assuming 15 points and that puts the to OC corps in a battle with Jersey Surf and Cascades at best and more likely a battle with Pioneer. I think 18th is 100% out of reach this year; 19-20 is very unlikely; 21-22 is moderately achievable; and 23-25 is in range.

No idea until they actually match up. I was just using 18-25 as a range, not an exact guess. I think they could fall anywhere within there over the next two weeks. Surf could end up getting beat by SCVC and BDB again, just like '08. :devil:

No idea until they actually match up. I was just using 18-25 as a range, not an exact guess. I think they could fall anywhere within there over the next two weeks. Surf could end up getting beat by SCVC and BDB again, just like '08. :devil:

Following that logic, (and as I've stated before) that would mean that Oregon could top Teal, just like in '08, too! (that was awesome, btw)

I agree with what jwscv87 said and am also not sure that getting an OC group up to 18th is in the cards this year. Now, what I do wonder is if we'll see more of these top tiered Open groups start programming shows that will be more in line with the World Class sheets. I mean, why not stay in Open, save money, do a limited tour, and then go out and wrangle with the WC during Finals Week?? It's unlikely that we'll see that extreme, however, I do wonder where this new (old) merger will take OC show design in the future.

Sure, not meaning to criticize - just chiming in with an opinion. :)

Having seen BDB, SCVC, Mandarins and PC I don't see either of these OC corps beating these two WC corps. Yes, BDB and SCVC are both VERY good corps, BUT they really are a step below Mandarins and PC.

It will be interesting and fun to watch!

• Like 1