TIE for first place: Blue Devils, Cadets and Cavies

If it should happen they should have a cage match for the title. Color guards only.

• Like 3

I think there could easily be potential for a tie this season. The top 4 corps are all extremely impressive, and for the first time in many years, I could easily see corps flip flopping or tying come finals week. There could possibly be switches or ties among the top 4 in my opinion, from what I have seen so far this season.

2008 was one of the weirdest years ever, and definitely a joke from the judging standpoint. Quite a few judges played the numbers games deliberately the whole finals week to make the most newsworthy story possible, and saving a corps from extinction in the process. Great for DCI, and probably for the activity, but unfortunately not one for the obvious best 2 corps of the season, losing to what should have been a 3rd possibly 4th placing show.

I think the judging at the top of the ranks has been pretty close to accurate this season, but will admit the 12th-17th place judging seems a little creative to get more people interested in the activity again. Probably a little bit of too much too late.

But it is good to be able to have both tying corps get their medals, instead of a tie-breaker, as the total score should be the only determining factor, not how close they were to any individual judge for any captions.

• Like 2

If it should happen they should have a cage match for the title. Color guards only.

Then I guess people would have to hope Cavaliers aren't in the tie, an all-guy colorguard would probably be able to take out the co-ed ones.... but that's just my opinion.

How about cage match with DM's? That would probably be more equal

Hopefully for some reason Boston's colorguard from '09 are there.

I'm a POS.

No, that would be mud or oil wrestling, not cage match.... :ph34r:

We're all bad people....

• Like 2

I'm very glad to hear they dropped the artificial tie-breaker rule. If it had ever been invoked, many people would have questioned the rational basis for the rule and the fairness of the outcome. The "official" result would never have been universally accepted and people would be arguing about it for years afterward.

Hopefully for some reason Boston's colorguard from '09 are there.

I'm a POS.

Well, if you're over a certain age, yea....

If you're around marching age, not so much... tongue.gif

Well, if you're over a certain age, yea....

If you're around marching age, not so much... tongue.gif

Haha. Very true. Luckily I am marching age. Good for me!

But I'm still a bad person. Although Boston's show in '09 was actually really hot... err.. cool!

Edited by Noname

I'm very glad to hear they dropped the artificial tie-breaker rule. If it had ever been invoked, many people would have questioned the rational basis for the rule and the fairness of the outcome. The "official" result would never have been universally accepted and people would be arguing about it for years afterward.

Yep. Fortunately people don't argues about who won for years after when the score isn't a tie :w00t:

2008 was one of the weirdest years ever, and definitely a joke from the judging standpoint. Quite a few judges played the numbers games deliberately the whole finals week to make the most newsworthy story possible, and saving a corps from extinction in the process. Great for DCI, and probably for the activity, but unfortunately not one for the obvious best 2 corps of the season, losing to what should have been a 3rd possibly 4th placing show.

:worthy::worthy: THANK YOU! I always love to meet others who share that opinion!

(Oh, and I would love to see a repeat of the 2000 Finals, personally :thumbup: )