The bottom rung on the ladder.

there's a month to go. anything can happen

like Cabs beating Buccs?

I KIDD :)

like Cabs beating Buccs?

I KIDD :)

stranger things have happened.

And what is up with fusion and Bush ,they did not move up in score. they had the same scores a week ago.

I have two comments about this:

First, where is it written that a corps score must go up every show? Isn't that a bit presumptuous at the very least? It never used to be an absolute given that you'd increase in score from show to show. Too many variables can affect scores: different judging panels with different opinions, points of view and tolerances; show changes that may not be cleaned yet; a corps simply having an off night fllowing a contest where they were very good; etc. I think you get the picture. At the risk of sounding like on old fogey, back when I competed, it was not unusual to have scores rise and fall throughout the course of a season.

Second: If you weren't there, you have no idea how bad the rain was at times. It varied from a near-constant light drizzle to a steady downpour at any given time. The weather conditions in Kingston had to have a detrimental effect on many performers and corps, particularly for any first-year members who may never have marched a show in steady rain. It's a wonder all the scores didn't drop. Kudos to all the corps who competed in Kingston. Many folks were surprised the show wasn't cancelled due to the weather.

• Like 3

I have two comments about this:

First, where is it written that a corps score must go up every show? Isn't that a bit presumptuous at the very least? It never used to be an absolute given that you'd increase in score from show to show. Too many variables can affect scores: different judging panels with different opinions, points of view and tolerances; show changes that may not be cleaned yet; a corps simply having an off night fllowing a contest where they were very good; etc. I think you get the picture. At the risk of sounding like on old fogey, back when I competed, it was not unusual to have scores rise and fall throughout the course of a season.

Second: If you weren't there, you have no idea how bad the rain was at times. It varied from a near-constant light drizzle to a steady downpour at any given time. The weather conditions in Kingston had to have a detrimental effect on many performers and corps, particularly for any first-year members who may never have marched a show in steady rain. It's a wonder all the scores didn't drop. Kudos to all the corps who competed in Kingston. Many folks were surprised the show wasn't cancelled due to the weather.

I posted this on another thread, but is also appropriate here:

In a broad sense, your points are valid, that scores can go up or down from show to show depending on the conditions. However, from actually ATTENDING the show and WATCHING every corps, I can tell you that the initial question is valid.

Bush had an excellent show given their numbers and programming. The rain seemed to have little effect on them. Fusion absolutely threw down musically on Saturday. Even with the downpour around us, we in the crowd reacted enthusiastically to their performance.

The people around me in the stands who watched each show agreed with me that they were, quite simply, not rewarded for that performance. I’d love to hear from others that attended the show to see if they felt the same as the people that sat around me.

I posted this on another thread, but is also appropriate here:

In a broad sense, your points are valid, that scores can go up or down from show to show depending on the conditions. However, from actually ATTENDING the show and WATCHING every corps, I can tell you that the initial question is valid.

Bush had an excellent show given their numbers and programming. The rain seemed to have little effect on them. Fusion absolutely threw down musically on Saturday. Even with the downpour around us, we in the crowd reacted enthusiastically to their performance.

The people around me in the stands who watched each show agreed with me that they were, quite simply, not rewarded for that performance. I'd love to hear from others that attended the show to see if they felt the same as the people that sat around me.

as I said in the other thread, a good crowd reaction doesnt mean there weren't issues. say Bush worked in new bodies....those folks didnt march a perfect show, so stuff others had fixed from before may have been balanced out

as I said in the other thread, a good crowd reaction doesnt mean there weren't issues. say Bush worked in new bodies....those folks didnt march a perfect show, so stuff others had fixed from before may have been balanced out

Jeff, I did not say they were perfect. :smile: I said that I felt, and the crowd around me agreed, that Bush and Fusion were not rewarded for the performance they gave. Just my opinion, and the opinion of those around me. What did you think of Bush's and Fusion's performances on Saturday?

Jeff, I did not say they were perfect. :smile: I said that I felt, and the crowd around me agreed, that Bush and Fusion were not rewarded for the performance they gave. Just my opinion, and the opinion of those around me. What did you think of Bush's and Fusion's performances on Saturday?

I was getting wet in Allentown, tho I saw both last week. My comments wasn't based on seeing them, just offering up possibly valid reasons.and IMO, Fusions score stagnating I can see, because it isn't as demanding as others are, and if it isn't cleaning up, it will stagnate.

it's a derived achievement system. The how has to be there for the what to get full credit.

stranger things have happened.

While it is true that many "strange" things have happened through the years, Cabs beating Bucs this year would be downright Twilight Zone material.

• Like 1

I was getting wet in Allentown, tho I saw both last week. My comments wasn't based on seeing them, just offering up possibly valid reasons.and IMO, Fusions score stagnating I can see, because it isn't as demanding as others are, and if it isn't cleaning up, it will stagnate.

it's a derived achievement system. The how has to be there for the what to get full credit.

All I will say Jeff is that you needed to be there, I'll leave it at that.