The bottom rung on the ladder.

All I will say Jeff is that you needed to be there, I'll leave it at that.

ok, I'll take your word for it. Unless it's about your football team :tongue:

Boy, havn't been on here in a very long time. Been reading this thread, and have to say it looks like no one is giving Thunder any attention at all. This is a young, upcoming corps, with a lot of talent. they just might suprise you. I'm not saying they're going to overtake the hurcs, or Cabs, but you just might be suprised at what they do.

Boy, havn't been on here in a very long time. Been reading this thread, and have to say it looks like no one is giving Thunder any attention at all. This is a young, upcoming corps, with a lot of talent. they just might suprise you. I'm not saying they're going to overtake the hurcs, or Cabs, but you just might be suprised at what they do.

Unfortunately, Thunder hasn't been seen much. Sometimes being in stealth mode works really well, bring it

Unfortunately an early season review of their show didn't make them sounds like much of a threat. That's why they may be getting no attention. Along with their scores.

From all accounts TBT is a very good first year corps. Probably one of the better 1st year corps to come out in recent years. Just coming out in open class with legitimate open class number their first season is saying alot about the strength of the organization.

From all accounts and recaps the music scores seem to be hurting them the most. This can happen with a 1st year organization. Especially if the hornline is young and inexperienced. The drumline and Guard numbers look pretty impressive. 8th place Drumline overall in DCA. Not too shaby.

They beat Alliance Guard by 10 points head to head. Overall their Guard is in 13th place. Not a great place to be but considering how good all the guards are getting this in itself is not bad.

If they keep their numbers together next season and build upon the great start they have they could be looking at moving up the ladder really fast.

Edited by camel lips

I posted this on another thread, but is also appropriate here:

In a broad sense, your points are valid, that scores can go up or down from show to show depending on the conditions. However, from actually ATTENDING the show and WATCHING every corps, I can tell you that the initial question is valid.

Fusion absolutely threw down musically on Saturday. Even with the downpour around us, we in the crowd reacted enthusiastically to their performance.

The people around me in the stands who watched each show agreed with me that they were, quite simply, not rewarded for that performance. I’d love to hear from others that attended the show to see if they felt the same as the people that sat around me.

despite the HORRIBLE rain conditions in Kingston it definitely didn't stop us from throwing down on awesome performance.

i have the Utmost respect for my fellow percussion members performing on the field saturday night. we embraced the fact that we can't control the weather and went out there and performed one hell of a show! once we hit that field it was like there was no rain and nothing else in the world mattered but being the best we know we are.

All I will say Jeff is that you needed to be there, I'll leave it at that.

word frank!

it's amazing what happened saturday night.

From all accounts TBT is a very good first year corps. Probably one of the better 1st year corps to come out in recent years. Just coming out in open class with legitimate open class number their first season is saying alot about the strength of the organization.

From all accounts and recaps the music scores seem to be hurting them the most. This can happen with a 1st year organization. Especially if the hornline is young and inexperienced. The drumline and Guard numbers look pretty impressive. 8th place Drumline overall in DCA. Not too shaby.

They beat Alliance Guard by 10 points head to head. Overall their Guard is in 13th place. Not a great place to be but considering how good all the guards are getting this in itself is not bad.

If they keep their numbers together next season and build upon the great start they have they could be looking at moving up the ladder really fast.

i

Totally agree Ed. Tth drumline is executing well, and the guard is improving.. I expect they will have a nice improvement by finals. I'm not tooting the horn(sic) here, just saying all things taken into consideration, they are doing quite well.

Just wishing Tampa Bay thunder a great season and welcome to DCA its great to have another Open Class corps on the field . On the 20th and 21st. we get our frist look at another newbe Arkanasa Thunder ,plus High Country Brass gets in 2 more shows along with Kilties ,Govenaires and Minn.Brass.That same night Tampa Bay joins Alliance ,Shenandoah Sound and the Corps Vets .So we should be seeing some good scores coming in. With still two weeks till DCA championships

Edited by Florida Sun

Jeff, I did not say they were perfect. :smile: I said that I felt, and the crowd around me agreed, that Bush and Fusion were not rewarded for the performance they gave. Just my opinion, and the opinion of those around me. What did you think of Bush's and Fusion's performances on Saturday?

I think the judges are just trying to get the spreads right at this point. The fact their score did not go up or down is a coincidence.