Prelims Schedule - Thursday

You know... I didn't think ALL open class corps would choose to compete. I wonder if it's the right call by the directors in some cases, only to see their corps perform for tiny crowds in the morning and score in the 30s-50s potentially. Not hating, just wondering if it's the right way to have those kids end their seasons.

one last chance to perform your show, and to get to perform it in such a nice beautiful brand new NFL venue is worth it. The corps don't care about the score. They had their finals last night and got a score based on the sheets they designed for. this performance is pure gravy and meant for the kids in those lower corps more than anything.

I would have been surprised if any of the corps had chosen not to perform on thursday.

• Like 2

You know... I didn't think ALL open class corps would choose to compete. I wonder if it's the right call by the directors in some cases, only to see their corps perform for tiny crowds in the morning and score in the 30s-50s potentially. Not hating, just wondering if it's the right way to have those kids end their seasons.

To end it in LOS in competition with the biggest, best corps? I think it'd be great. :thumbup:

Intermission (17 min)

8:56 PM Boston Crusaders

9:13 PM Santa Clara Vanguard

9:30 PM Bluecoats

9:47 PM Phantom Regiment

10:04 PM Carolina Crown

10:21 PM The Cavaliers

10:38 PM The Cadets

10:55 PM Blue Devils

Yikes - going to bring my pillow to the theatre. How many of these corps can adjust themselves for these late hours of performing? You always hear about professional sports - and teams criss-crossing the country - their diet, etc. It's got to be tough on these kids as well.

Numbers management skills are going to be key. Hopefully, the corps below the top 12 won't get low numbers like they normally have.

The fun part is making the calls around 20-30. Getting the right 25 corps in place for Friday is actually more important than what goes on in 1-4.

Agree with everything except the "hopefully the corps below the top 12 wont' get low numbers". I don't see how it's going to be possible to fit all these corps in unless the judges start around 30 or 35, alas. They might go as high as 45 to start, but that would pretty much force slotting for most of the scores, since they'd just have 55 possible scores in which to rank 41 corps.

Intermission (17 min)

Yikes - going to bring my pillow to the theatre. How many of these corps can adjust themselves for these late hours of performing? You always hear about professional sports - and teams criss-crossing the country - their diet, etc. It's got to be tough on these kids as well.

2003 Prelims Blue Devils were off the line at around 12:30 AM after the rain delay. They will be okay.

2003 Prelims Blue Devils were off the line at around 12:30 AM after the rain delay. They will be okay.

In fact, as tour progresses, BD typically adjusts their working/sleeping schedule to make the late performance times their "prime" hours. I remember rehearsing late most nights (when there were no shows). During finals week, rehearsal would run to 2am or so, but we would not get up until Noon the next day. I think this is why some of the TOC shows were such a pain for them, as it messed with the late performance times they normally have during the season.

Here's the complete schedule:

9:00 AM Spirit of Newark/NJ - Newark, NJ

9:17 AM Blue Saints - Sudbury, ON

9:34 AM Racine Scouts - Racine, WI

9:51 AM Les Stentors - Sherbrooke, QC

10:08 AM Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA

10:25 AM Forte - Grand Prairie, TX

10:42 AM Jubal - Dordrecht, The Netherlands

10:59 AM Raiders - Burlington, NJ

11:16 AM Legends - Kalamazoo, MI

11:33 AM Intermission (40 Min.)

12:13 PM Music City - Nashville, TN

12:30 PM The Yokohama Scouts - Japan

12:47 PM 7th Regiment - New London, CT

1:04 PM Genesis - Edinburg, TX

1:21 PM Revolution - San Antonio, TX

1:38 PM Spartans - Nashua, NH

1:55 PM Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

2:12 PM Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

2:29 PM Blue Devils B - Concord, CA

2:46 PM intermission (40 Min.)

3:26 PM Pioneer

3:43 PM Jersey Surf

4:00 PM Cascades

4:17 PM Teal Sound

4:34 PM Mandarins

4:51 PM Pacific Crest

5:08 PM Crossmen

5:25 PM Colts

Intermission (58 min)

LIVE - Theatre Cinecast begins

6:40 PM The Academy

6:57 PM Glassmen

7:14 PM Troopers

7:31 PM Spirit

7:48 PM Blue Stars

8:05 P Blue Knights

8:22 PM Madison Scouts

Intermission (17 min)

The live telecast starts with Academy . there owning showing the top 15 with bits from the other corps .I don't under stand why all open class would be completing again did they not have there championship? I could see the top 5 open class added in but all of them.

I predict that the lowest placing corps in 2011 prelims will receive the new lowest score in DCI history.

Anybody know what the current record is?

Not a chance. There were some stunningly low scores in the 80's. Like 14.05, scored by Iron Cross in 1980 in prelims. Though I don't remember if the current DCI World Class sheets actually go that low in Box 1. I'll look later.