Drill jack!

Deleted because the post to which I was referring was corrected.

Edited by Michael Boo

Who is this mysterious Marc Sullivan guy? :shutup:

PS: You mean Marc Sylvester.

Yes, I did. Thank you for the correction. It's late, I'm packing getting ready for Indy. I've always known him as Sully.

He is genious and has made a big difference in many people's lives.

The Cadets didn't steal it from anyone, it was written for their show.! The drill was written by Sully, a DCI, Hall of Famer. I really don't think he looks for his material from high schools or DCA corps. Google Marc Sylvester, I think you'll understand more about his drill writing/

and career.

I'm admittedly pretty new around here, but I think you missed an important element of the post you were replying to: sarcasm.

• Like 1

I think everyone is missing the real question - Who did the Cadets steal it from? What poor high school was watching the 2005 dvds, awestruck that the Cadets were using their move that they stole from a DCA corps who probably stole it from someone else. DCP WILL get to the bottom of this, rest assured - heads will roll!

Mona Shores HS from Muskegon, MI. :thumbup:

A) Marc Sylvester(Sully) wrote for the Cadets many years. This drill was done by The Cadet's in 2005, "The Zone" so it has his signature all over it.

B) This year Marc Sylvester wrote for the Blue Knights, he used a drill Cadets have used before, but he wrote it, hardly high-jacking when you use your own creation. He was with the 27th Lancers which BK's show is being compared to.

C) This drill is done by BK about about 3 minutes into their show and has been a part of their show, not just added, it's the waterfall set, then pinwheels to a big arch.

Just an observation.

Boston has used the waterfall effect in past years shows. This is nothing new.

• Like 1

People reuse drill moves all the time. Hell Crossmen did a waterfall in 08. And who else knows... didn't Cavies in 2000??? Or some variation of it. Point is, drill has been copied and rused and altered since forever. Every time we see a company front or a BLOCK are we supposed to be up in arms because someone stole drill?? I think not. Relax. It's just marching band, hehe.

Of course drills are copied throughout drum corps shows. The point is why would you add the same drill (mid season) for a show closer when it is already being done as part of a show in your own competitive class? There in lies the problem.

Thank you all for the PM's. I know this is a touchy subject, apparently a lot of people have noticed/questioned the same thing.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom
  • Like 1

Sully didn't write Cadets 2005. Jeff Sacktig did. In fact, Jeff has written the drill since the mid-90s, except for 2002.

GOOGLE is a wonderful tool--Try it, Marc Sylvester - Cadets 2005 - The Zone.

One of my favorites coming from that era.

• Like 1