completely original shows?

I don't think he said Al's book was phoned in. He was doing a comparison, and in his opinion, he liked Cavaliers' integration better. That's all, or at least how I read it.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would diss Suncoast's bass line to their face. :shutup:

I do like mo's current avatar. Especially considering Al is Ludwig's VP of Marketing now!

Thank you (and yes, it wasn't saying that Murray's percussion book was 'bad' - just that the horn book didn't require it to make as much of a contribution as Saucedo's did in '03).

I never diss bass lines - they're the foundation of any successful battery (and I started out in life as a #1 bass myself).

And the historic Ludwig avatar came because i was having a discussion on one of my percussion gear forums (where I spend more time in the offseason) about the ways that the drum industry danced around the facts regarding skin heads, back in the day. They used cow imagery, but never mentioned TOO much detail (like, oh, just HOW Ludwig got those 'transparent' heads...) :shutup:

I thought Cavs '06 was loosely based off of some iRobot stuff. Or am I mistaken?

Santa Clara Vanguard 2006 "Moto Perpetuo" was an all original by Key Poulan.

I have heard rumors that this was an original that was used because the first idea for the show ran into copywrite issues. So, they said heck with it and poulan wrote something original.

Don't know if that is true but, would like to think so. I like the thought of that for some reason. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction?

Edited by jplattSCV

• 1 month later...

I have heard rumors that this was an original that was used because the first idea for the show ran into copywrite issues. So, they said heck with it and poulan wrote something original.

Don't know if that is true but, would like to think so. I like the thought of that for some reason. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction?

No, we just had a new team of designers... Myself, Mike Jackson, and Brian Mason (for the music) and we thought it would be cool to do something original to enhance the idea by Pete Weber and Mike McCool. We looked seriously at Paganini's Moto Perpetuo but decided that all original was more modern and appropriate rather than manipulating his work. Another interesting fact... Mvts 2, 3, and 4 that were performed at DCI were actually 2nd complete compositions. The corps never got the original movements except a test snippet of Mvt. 2. Those drafts were only ever known of by no more than 4-5 people.

BAC 2004 Composition of Color worthy.gif

You beat me to it. Except for the narration, a fantastic show. Extremely difficult too - they hauled some serious a** in that show.

Madison's opener in 1995, El Toro Caliente, was a Scott Boerma original.

:sarcasm:

Jay-Z and Alicia Keyes have asked permission for sync rights to put together a music video...

:muahaha:

I was and still am a huge fan of Suncoast Sound, 84, 85 & 86 are all favourite years of mine.

Saw a Suncoast tshirt for sale in the oil can... feel so stupid I didn't buy it!