Prelims!

SCV 91.85

Very nice!!

Indeed! :thumbup:

For as many soothsayers predicting doom and gloom this season after their first couple of shows (disclosure: I was kinda one of them - I was shocked how their brass sounded in TX, though I was quick to compliment their massive improvement at Stanford), they have really done a great job cleaning & selling this show! This show might be the show that a) improved the most throughout the season (IMO, at least) and went from 'not really interested more than as a SCV fan' to 'I'm dig this show quite a bit' for me!

I'm a little confused as to why have OC corps compete against WC if nothing happens. It seems like it's just a way of insulting the lower level WC corps.

Maybe not yet .. but I'm going to venture a guess that this years "experiment" will prove financially fruitful for DCI .. and they will return to offering a bonus for top 25 corps. BITD, it used to cover your fuel expenses for the summer. I highly doubt that would fit in the budget now .. but I'm hoping there will be some future incentives for the competitive success of the OC corps.

Plus a BDB or Oregon Crusaders gets to say they are 19th in the WORLD .. or wherever they placed. It doesn't sound as good as World Champion or 2nd on OC World Championships ... but it's a nice add on.

Plenty of room between BAC and SCV for another name or two. ;)

Quote of the night from Boo: "It [Phantom's show] breathes and has a direct connection into the heart, as if a coronary catheter is pumping adrenaline directly into my bloodstream."

• Like 1

91.8 for Bloooo!