Repeat of 2008?

I think I remember the reaction of the crowd in Phantom's defeat of BD in the Final, after BD took Prelims and Semis, the crowd went absolutely NUTS!

This time around, if BD somehow manages to defeat the Cadets, I think we would be looking at a riot... or at least the complete opposite reaction of that in 2008. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

For DCI's sake... even if BD is the better corps tomorrow night, they better award the Cadets the championship; otherwise, it may very well leave a very bad taste in the mouths of many fans, which may not be good for the organization.

I must say though, it would be interesting to see what the reaction should be, were BD to defeat Cadets tomorrow. No doubt that the Cadets are one of the crowd favs this year.

The drama is deliciously absurd!

What do you think?

Just to add: BD was ahead of Phantom in the 2008 Semis by .375; not too far from the .5 margin that Cadets have over BD this year.

Edited by NeutralNovice
  • Like 5

For DCI's sake... even if BD is the better corps tomorrow night, they better award the Cadets the championship;

Yea, because we should always go with the popular choice. Maybe just tell the judges to stay home and do a phone in vote. To even suggest that DCI not award the title to the best corps is what's absurd. The very suggestion is disgusting.

If Cadets win tomorrow night, it will be because they are the best corps on the field, not because they were entitled to some kind of pity from fans.

• Like 6

The Cadets are not going to lose-

If there is any major change- I see the Cavies pulling out 2nd.

• Like 9

regardless of popularity, Cadets will win as long as they don't #### the bed

• Like 2

I think I remember the reaction of the crowd in Phantom's defeat of BD in the Final, after BD took Prelims and Semis, the crowd went absolutely NUTS!

This time around, if BD somehow manages to defeat the Cadets, I think we would be looking at a riot... or at least the complete opposite reaction of that in 2008. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

For DCI's sake... even if BD is the better corps tomorrow night, they better award the Cadets the championship; otherwise, it may very well leave a very bad taste in the mouths of many fans, which may not be good for the organization.

I must say though, it would be interesting to see what the reaction should be, were BD to defeat Cadets tomorrow. No doubt that the Cadets are one of the crowd favs this year.

What do you think?

Just to add: BD was ahead of Phantom in the 2008 Semis by .375; not too far from the .5 margin that Cadets have over BD this year.

My response is not directed to the original poster of this message as I don't know where you stand on your opinions towards Hopkins.....but I find that line very funny considering how brutal many people here in DCP have been against Hopkins in past years

Also, another ironic part of a BD vs. Cadets thing is that in the past BD has been criticized here in DCP for not playing any recognizable melodies......which they are doing this year.......Now look at Cadets, with the exception of Amazing Grace.....they don't have much "memorable song like" melodic content

Funny just how fickle many "fans" can be

• Like 4

What do you think?

You post is absurd...

• Like 1

My response is not directed to the original poster of this message as I don't know where you stand on your opinions towards Hopkins.....but I find that line very funny considering how brutal many people here in DCP have been against Hopkins in past years

Also, another ironic part of a BD vs. Cadets thing is that in the past BD has been criticized here in DCP for not playing any recognizable melodies......which they are doing this year.......Now look at Cadets, with the exception of Amazing Grace.....they don't have much "memorable song like" melodic content

Funny just how fickle many "fans" can be

True, that: fans around here are ALL about 'what have you done for me this season.'

Thanks for replies all!

Well, I'm a type who likes to think about conspiracies happening all over the place. I mean, when you think about it, so many things probably go on that undermines us, the general population. From the behind closed doors deals on Wall Street to the sketchy practices of our political leaders; it just seems like everywhere you look, something fishy is going on.

At the entertainment level, like American Idol or Am's Got Talent, I've heard people talk about the "vote" not even really mattering at all, that it is the executives or whatever that already predetermine who wins outright. They probably determine, between the finalists, who can make more money for them so they pick the "loser" to be the "winner." Remember Taylor Hicks and last year's America's Got Talent winner? HA!

Anyway, the above statement is not in anyway to mean anything against the corps that wins tomorrow. To me, while these two corps are performing different shows, it all comes down to what's more entertaining to me because I neither have the skills or desire to judge this show at the level DCI adjudicators do. For the record, I like Cadets more than BD this year; however, as far as what level they are performing at, I'd say it's the same.

The question I sort of ask is this, was the win by PR a calculated move by DCI to somehow get better "ratings?" I've read threads from users that said BD was "robbed." And if Cadets win tomorrow and "bleacher experts" say that BD outperformed the Cadets, would it be a calculated move by DCI because of the possible resistance and negative feedback they get from the audience?

My thought process here is all out of whack, so sorry if I confused anyone. I just think such things are interesting to talk about.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies all!

Well, I'm a type who likes to think about conspiracies happening all over the place. I mean, when you think about it, so many things probably go on that undermines us, the general population. From the behind closed doors deals on Wall Street to the sketchy practices of our political leaders; it just seems like everywhere you look, something fishy is going on.

At the entertainment level, like American Idol or Am's Got Talent, I've heard people talk about the "vote" not even really mattering at all, that it is the executives or whatever that already predetermine who wins outright. They probably determine, between the finalists, who can make more money for them so they pick the "loser" to be the "winner." Remember Taylor Hicks and last year's America's Got Talent winner? HA!

Anyway, the above statement is not in anyway to mean anything against the corps that wins tomorrow. To me, while these two corps are performing different shows, it all comes down to what's more entertaining to me because I neither have the skills or desire to judge this show at the level DCI adjudicators do. For the record, I like Cadets more than BD this year; however, as far as what level they are performing at, I'd say it's the same.

The question I sort of ask is this, was the win by PR a calculated move by DCI to somehow get better "ratings?" I've read threads from users that said BD was "robbed." And if Cadets win tomorrow and "bleacher experts" say that BD outperformed the Cadets, would it be a calculated move by DCI because of the possible resistance and negative feedback they get from the audience?

My thought process here is all out of whack, so sorry if I confused anyone. I just think such things are interesting to talk about.

conspiracies???? Come on Oliver Stone, look at the recaps. corps all over the place. This year hands down has been the best of people judging their sheet that day, not the name

conspiracies???? Come on Oliver Stone, look at the recaps. corps all over the place. This year hands down has been the best of people judging their sheet that day, not the name

I don't analyze recaps; perhaps a glance but that's it. I'd like to see what people would say if BD defeats Cadets tomorrow.