Congratulations to The Cadets

Congratulations Cadets...

You worked hard and got what you deserved... I am quite impressed with the injured snare drummer story and how the drumline gave up days off in order to reconstruct the drill. Great Job Kids! :thumbup:

Congratulations Cadets for a great design and a superb performance. It looks like Granny Smith might get that dance with George afterall! :thumbup:

• Like 1

My first finals was 1984 in ATL. I've been a Cadets fan ever since (even when they had a singer on the field). So very happy for them and for DCI. As was stated here the top 12 (and beyond) were amazing. Easily the best finals I've ever been to from top to bottom.

:worthy:

My first finals was 1984 in ATL. I've been a Cadets fan ever since (even when they had a singer on the field). So very happy for them and for DCI. As was stated here the top 12 (and beyond) were amazing. Easily the best finals I've ever been to from top to bottom.

It all started for me as well while watching the 1984 Cadets!

I'm so thrilled and happy I got to see you take the Gold last night ... it's been 18 years since I've seen you win a Championship in person, so The 2011 Cadets will always mean something special ...

Thanks for your encore performance ... what a great performance! :worthy:

I was in Miami in 1983 for Cadets title #1. At about 2:00 in the morning and for the last time, they performed their entire show again. But instead of the highly polished professional version with no mistakes, the performers put back in all the high notes and absolutely cut loose with a volume of sound and excitement never seen before. In the 30 years I've been watching drum corps, that single show, and it was an encore, might have been the best performance I've ever seen.

I wish I could have been there to see #10. It sounds like that encore might have set the standard for the new "best show ever."

Thanks! :smile:

It was an unbelievable experience! The victory run was the only time I remember the Corps shifting out of 4th gear and into 5th and pushing the pedal all the way to the floor. I'd LOVE to see that run if anyone filmed it!!

Here's hoping 2012 is as entertaining as this year was.

YEAH! this was a great year for drum corps! One of my favorites for sure!