The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

They're coming out of the biggest staff/show design changes in their history. They have more hall-of-famers than anyone on staff and designing their show. They just jumped 2 places, which is more than Scouts did from 2010 to 2011. I think people count them out without considering what they have and what their trend is starting to look like. It takes a bit to turn the Titanic around.

In regard to Vanguard, yes. They do have a good staff now. But those Phantom guys got 9th in 2009 because of show design, let's not forget about that. That's a real thing that happened and could happen again. The Coats' brass staff over there is used to getting lots of talent and working with that coming from a corps that medals. Vanguard doesn't get the same kinds of kids as Coats. I wish them the best, but I think the Cradeviliers have 1st - 4th this year.

Bluecoats have medaled once. I don't think the kids that go to the Bluecoats are much different than the ones that would go to Vanguard. Plus they are on opposite ends of the country, so they would attract the talented kids of those areas.

BK jumped 2 places because the Blue Stars had a less than desirable show design and the judges hit them hard because of it. BK did manage to jump Madison last year as well though. However, Madison is seeing some good changes this year, and both theirs and especially the Blue Stars' shows look to be a big step in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, BK is a very fine corps, and I would never wish ill upon a corps. I am just stating my opinions and how I don't agree with your reasoning.

Edited by Forte Piano
  • Like 2

They're coming out of the biggest staff/show design changes in their history. They have more hall-of-famers than anyone on staff and designing their show. They just jumped 2 places, which is more than Scouts did from 2010 to 2011. I think people count them out without considering what they have and what their trend is starting to look like. It takes a bit to turn the Titanic around.

In regard to Vanguard, yes. They do have a good staff now. But those Phantom guys got 9th in 2009 because of show design, let's not forget about that. That's a real thing that happened and could happen again. The Coats' brass staff over there is used to getting lots of talent and working with that coming from a corps that medals. Vanguard doesn't get the same kinds of kids as Coats. I wish them the best, but I think the Cradeviliers have 1st - 4th this year.

To be fair, BK has not really given the public anything to be excited about. They're the only corps in the top 12 that hasn't officially announced even a hint to their show. It's understandable that people would count them out because nobody knows what's going on in Denver. Do predictions matter? No. Will BK show up at the first show and prove everyone wrong? Possibly.

As for Vanguard, the incoming staff from both Phantom and Bluecoats is meant to address their biggest flaws - Music/Brass. Phantom 09 suffered from visual design issues, not music. The Bluecoats staff is also not used to a corps that medals, since it has only happened once, so I don't think the discrepancy of talent is as large as you might think. They're definitely good educators, seeing as they salvaged a hornline that suffered from an overly difficult difficult visual design last year, with brass finishing in 5th over Phantom.

In the end, the past cannot be used to predict the future, no matter how hard we try. Wish the best to everyone performing this summer. Yay, band.

• Like 3

MADISON yes. They moved up and stayed in that 10th position.

SPIRIT finished 15 ,17, 16 , and 12 last 4 seasons . HUGE Leaps and Bounds ?

Placements are not really my concern, Madison was a lot better than 2010 but stayed in 10th because of the corps around them improving a lot, so they had to to maintain their position. Spirit obviously made some changes from 2010 to 2011 which helped them a lot, therefore giving them a bigger talent pool to pick from at camps. 2010 was a transition year with improved show design, and 2011 improved on that with more talent an overall cleaner and better product.

Placements are not really my concern, Madison was a lot better than 2010 but stayed in 10th because of the corps around them improving a lot, so they had to to maintain their position.

I agree. Its hard to move up, or even stay in placement place. Its a lot easier to move down in placement if one is not clicking on all cylinders... as the competition around all these Corps is quite good. There are Corps today that just miss out on Finals that not that long ago had talent and shows that would have earned them a Finals spot, imo.

Last year, the Madison Scouts had a Corps ( 20 tubas.. wow ) show, and design, etc that just a few years ago would have had them place higher I believe.

Edited by BRASSO

All shows now posted except BK.

1-Crown

2-BD

2-Cavies

-------------

4-SCV

5-Phantom

--------------

6-Cadets

7-Boston

9-Madison

--------------

10-BK

11-BlueStars

12-Crossmen

13-Glassmen

14-Spirit

15-Academy

16-Troopers

----------------

17-Colts

18-PC

19-Teal

20-Surf

21-Cascades

22-Pioneer

23-Mandarins

I am a bit saddened to see that the Bluecoats are not competing this year. My son will be very disappointed :blink:

• Like 3

Bluecoats have medaled once. I don't think the kids that go to the Bluecoats are much different than the ones that would go to Vanguard. Plus they are on opposite ends of the country, so they would attract the talented kids of those areas.

BK jumped 2 places because the Blue Stars had a less than desirable show design and the judges hit them hard because of it. BK did manage to jump Madison last year as well though. However, Madison is seeing some good changes this year, and both theirs and especially the Blue Stars' shows look to be a big step in the right direction.

Don't get me wrong, BK is a very fine corps, and I would never wish ill upon a corps. I am just stating my opinions and how I don't agree with your reasoning.

I think that saying a corps moved up only because one moved down is completely irrelevant. Tomato potato. :doh:

• Like 1

I think that saying a corps moved up only because one moved down is completely irrelevant.

Well if you look in the Blue Stars' history, they were 14,14,8,8,8,11. Clearly something changed last year from their trend.

BK also had a good year last year, but not significantly better than their previous years that it was unbelievable. I guess I just don't believe the Blue Knights are on an upward trend, and a 12th place finish would not be something unexpected. Heck, in my prediction I put the Cadets in 8th, so BK dropping to 12th is far less drastic than my prediction for the Cadets.

• Like 1

I'm still looking forward to that corps with one member making the Saturday show during finals week. It will be interesting to see what he or she will do! :rolleyes:

Improv!!! and they will win it all!!!