APDs

I've found some very minor, software-introduced inconsistencies with the originals I'd use for APDs. We're going back to the originals, and we're going to get things right.

So, short delay for APDs right now. I think it's better to be picky than quick on these. :)

-Mat

• Like 2

I've found some very minor, software-introduced inconsistencies with the originals I'd use for APDs. We're going back to the originals, and we're going to get things right.

So, short delay for APDs right now. I think it's better to be picky than quick on these. :)

Thanks for the update. IIRC last year the APDs weren't out till Wednesday and they were incredible! So take your time. I definitely want the best quality. The finals VODs will hold me over till then.

-Mat

Little updates like this are so very much appreciated.

Thanks Drumcat.

• Like 2

Can't go wrong with that answer :thumbup:

Any info concerning pre-shows and ESOM?

ESOM will be on APDs. It will be gone when I pull the streams tomorrow. Same deal... the streams and audio are different licensing situations. I don't know of any mechanical issues, so ya, everything appropriate will go on the APDs.

Looking forward to hearing these when they come out. I actually prefer these to CDs for 2 reasons.

1. Money goes directly to the corps versus production costs of a CD.

2. Who uses CDs anymore really? I have almost 90 days worth of music on my external hard drive that is barely bigger than my iPhone.

Which does beg the question why DCI isn't offering Finals mp3's for download, even as a bundle? I cannot be the only person that doesn't even actually listen to the CD - just rip them for iTunes, add album art and tags (thanks for posting the artwork online DCI, BTW - that really is a huge help!). If anything, I think they could significantly reduce CD production costs by going digital.

Mike

• Like 2

2. Who uses CDs anymore really?

True that. Last time I moved, I packed up all my CDs and stowed them "temporarily" in the basement upon arriving here. After a year in the new house, I haven't had a reason to get a single CD out and the boxes are still there on the shelves in the basement, untouched.

Last year I got the CDs to get the finals performances of the top 12 because the APDs were of quarters. But maybe this year we'll get "last performances"?

Edited by skywhopper