I'm Hockeydad, and I like John Rutter's music

OK, I suppose John Rutter is not fashionable. His music, and I'm thinking about his advent music like Christmas Lullabye, Candlelight Carol, What Sweeter Music, etc. is probably considered too sweet and sentimental. And there are probably more artistically interesting composers around. But, I find his simple arrangements to be wonderful. The harmonies that he develops are often beautiful.

I was just listening to '89 Cavies on the way home from work..... I wish someone would play more Rutter !

OK, I'll return you now to your critique of Marie Czapinski and how she has it out for whomever.

I first saw John Rutter in person back in 1979, at a music convention in St. Paul. He apologized for his "rumpled" tuxedo, since it had been packed in his suitcase.

I've had the pleasure of seeing him conduct many times in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, since it is one of the world's hotbeds of choral music.

Rutter has some fine ensemble music in his catalog.

I first saw John Rutter in person back in 1979, at a music convention in St. Paul. He apologized for his "rumpled" tuxedo, since it had been packed in his suitcase.

I've had the pleasure of seeing him conduct many times in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, since it is one of the world's hotbeds of choral music.

Rutter has some fine ensemble music in his catalog.

I've become addicted to watching St. Olaf College Christmas concerts. They've done a lot of Rutter. Wonderful.

I love Rutter! I'm a choral guy, and I love some of his pieces very dearly, some of the lesser known ones, like "Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind" and "Open Thou Mine Eyes". Would be cool to see a corps do something like that (Ha, right...).