Colts Logo at Lucas Oil

Recently on DCP there was a discussion about the absence of the Colts logo at Lucas Oil Stadium during DCI Championships. I figured, "Why not go to the source?" and I emailed the staff at Lucas Oil Stadium about it. However, the prior thread was closed before I received a reply. Just for the record, here you go...

Hi Kevin,

That is not a silly question at all as it actually is a change for us this year. Previously, the Indianapolis Colts logo at the 50 yard line and both end zones were permanently installed with white & blue colored Fieldturf. This summer, we changed out the center logo and the end zones to permanent all green Fieldturf. The reason for doing so is that we will need to paint different logos on the field for Super Bowl and now have the option to do that for other special events.

So yes, there was no Colts helmet logo for DCI. It was a new piece of all green Fieldturf. We are currently in process of painting the center logo for the very first time for Friday’s first home Indianapolis Colts game since we made this change.

Thanks,

Heidi Mallin

Special Services/Public Information Coordinator

Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium

500 S. Capitol Avenue

Indianapolis, IN 46225

Mods, I don't want to start up that brouhaha again, but I figured this would be a good FYI post. Feel free to close this thread.

• Like 6

I guess I won't say I told you so... that would be mean. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Recently on DCP there was a discussion about the absence of the Colts logo at Lucas Oil Stadium during DCI Championships. I figured, "Why not go to the source?" and I emailed the staff at Lucas Oil Stadium about it. However, the prior thread was closed before I received a reply. Just for the record, here you go...

Mods, I don't want to start up that brouhaha again, but I figured this would be a good FYI post. Feel free to close this thread.

Yep, it's painted. I'm watching the Green Bay / Indy game.

With the roof open.

• Like 1

With the roof open.

i c what u did thar