DCA 2011 - Rochester, NY

After everyone gets done worrying about Irene this weekend - feel free to focus on a great DCA Championship Weekend... Help us say goodbye to Rochester with a bang...

oh and there's a near perfect weather forecast... http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Rochester+NY+USNY1232

Anyone have questions or needs directions... ask here...

• Like 1

Anyone know the status of Rt 15/Future I-99 corrdior construction between Mansfield PA and 86?

Anyone know the status of Rt 15/Future I-99 corrdior construction between Mansfield PA and 86?

I was on I-99 this past weekend, driving it from I-80 to where it ends South of Altoona, PA and that section is all completed; 2 lanes divided highway - looks like a great speed trap to me. North of there??? Any help?

I was on I-99 this past weekend, driving it from I-80 to where it ends South of Altoona, PA and that section is all completed; 2 lanes divided highway - looks like a great speed trap to me. North of there??? Any help?

I'm familiar with the Western branch before it joins 80 then spins off. I know the northern part has been under construction, either new construction being put up or old stuff refurbished for forever. But atsome point it ended and back to 1 lane each direction from close to the border to 86.

My luck, it'll be done in time for when the interstate I need to know about is I-97 next year :tongue:

511PA.com and 511NY.org are two good reference sites. You can call up a map that shows the active construction zones on basically any highway in either state.

I'm heading in that same direction next weekend... Rte. 15 to 86 to 390.

Edited by Fran Haring

Some things I will miss about Rochester:

1) The stadium food. IMO, definitely a notch above the fare at any number of other stadiums. I could live another 100 years and never taste a roast-beef sandwich as good as those Red Osier sandwiches. :worthy: And reasonably priced, too.

2) From the perspective of someone on the show staff for the weekend... and speaking strictly about my own experience... the level of cooperation, assistance and professionalism from the city of Rochester (the city officials, the police department and so forth) to the staffs at the various venues (convention center, stadium, etc.) has been absolutely fantastic. :thumbup:

I am very much looking forward to working once again with Rocky and the rest of the folks with the stadium crew... they are top-notch professionals at what they do. They certainly have made my job a lot easier.

• Like 2

511PA.com and 511NY.org are two good reference sites. You can call up a map that shows the active construction zones on basically any highway in either state.

I'm heading in that same direction next weekend... Rte. 15 to 86 to 390.

511 for both places seems not to list stuff that can't be done yet based on last year. 15 North of Williamsport had a bunchof work going on, and 390 was ripped up as well....and the Rochester Inner Loop still shows construction. Is the stadium area done now?

I have yet to have the roast beef sandwich....must try that this year...

• Like 1