Bluecoats Changes

I thought they had a pretty good visual program.

• Like 1

This is unfortunate. Surely they are not going to blame Tim for their placement this year. The drill was good, it was the show concept that was the problem.

I hope he gets a good offer somewhere and look forward to seeing more of his work.

• Like 4

Whenever I watch a Bluecoats show since they picked him up I felt like I should be in a gym with a mat underneath them. It too "indoorsy" for me.

• Like 1

Whenever I watch a Bluecoats show since they picked him up I felt like I should be in a gym with a mat underneath them. It too "indoorsy" for me.

I completely agree with this, although I personally liked the 'indoorsy' vibe of their shows. I think it's a good style for Bluecoats, and I think that it is pretty unique: they have done a better job combining WGI w/DCI show-design wise than almost every other corps (with the exception of BD, IMO).

That being said, I think visual has been the achilles heel, from both a design and execution standpoint. Their brass & percussion have come a LONG way in the last five plus years, but their vis has still seemingly stayed at the mid-top level (not bad, per say, but not consistently good enough to keep them consistently competing for Top 3).

While I'm not knowledgeable about how much influence Tim had on over-all show design, I would guess it's more than a coincidence that his tenure as Vis Coordinator and then Designer coincided with Bluecoats design style changes.

Regardless, here's hoping Bluecoats and take advantage of this change and make the necessary design style changes that propel them to consistently higher placements.

Call me crazy but I thought their drill this year was superb.

Call me crazy but I thought their drill this year was superb.

You're CRAZY! (just following instructions. :tongue: )

I agree with you. I liked the drill this year. hm.