2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

I'd guess drum line placed 5th at the absolute most. Horns were GREAT (especially some of the solo work towards the end of the show) and so was the guard. I love MJ just as much as the next guy, but this show design isn't even in the same league.

Hey, I never noticed your signatures before. I am flattered!!

Edited by VOReason

Big congrats to MBI for their victory! Big congrats to BUCS for an outstanding performance and a winning streak that will be talked about for years to come. Both corps were outstanding and with only .3 separating them going into finals, should make for one super exciting DCA finals!

May the best performance win. :thumbup:

...classy post, John! FWIW, I'm the guy down on the deck trying to take decent photos while my doors are being ripped off at the hinges...Bucs were great as usual, but after MBI went on I just had the feeling things were about to shift west... both corps were incredible, tho...this is great competition and I feel privileged to be a witness!

cg

That's good enough for me.....highly respected, highly experienced, impartial observer placed up close and he got one of those feelings after experiencing both performances. While it certainly does not replace the need for judges to separate these two fine corps, it gives a description of a gap to 3-4-5. Thank you for the comment, Charles.

An additional aside.....I think it's easier to raise the bar when you have TWO corps doing it..... I hope these two corps stay close for years to come (especially since they don't see each other every week)...... and there is still a contest tonight, with the top-2 only tenths apart and highly motivated!

Joe

Great show, most of the calls accurate IMO, and still potential for things to shift in several places tonight.

Easily the best A class top 4 ever. Open class I see multiple switches. Bucs and MBI firing on all cylinders.

Gonna be a fun night

• Like 1

Let's hope that the weather doesn't prevent MBI from sealing the deal or prevent the Bucs from the chance to defend their title after the weather last week may have served to deny them top seed in yesterday's prelims.

Let's hope that the weather doesn't prevent MBI from sealing the deal or prevent the Bucs from the chance to defend their title after the weather last week may have served to deny them top seed in yesterday's prelims.

Sarcasm on

Yeah I just hate it when two corps come in evenly matched and go head to head.

Sarcasm off

It's gonna be interesting to watch the scores between Bucs and MBI. Another nail bighter is gonna be Renegades and Alliance. alliance has a stronger program design wise but it's dirty and the guard is killing them .

renegades looked really strong and the horn line was rocking on all cylinders. They came to play that's for sure.

I expect Renegades will be in the 6th spot but not by much.

Cv could have left the door open for Kilties to come in and move up a spot. I was sort of shocked the scores were nott closer. Cv sort of has a history of being timid on the Sat show and stronger on Sundays show. If that holds true then they could inch closer to Alliance.

Edited by camel lips