2011 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular

kevingamin

Now for an incredible moment: Coming onto the field now is a massed corps of honor guards and horns from members of competing corps, alumni corps, and people who are no longer marching but wanted to do a special tribute to America's veterans, as well as the heroes of 9/11. There are a LOT of people coming onto the field right now.

This is an awesome experience!!

Also, it will blend out those that suck but want to participate, right?

Ok, I SO miss being there and hearing / feeling this! This is an emotional moment to say the least.

I'm not even there, yet, I have tears flowing!!

We've only met once, outside the NOW Raddison, so my memorey may not be that good so let's got with: HOT (vs attractive) Personable (vs red hair....) Likes a smoke once in a while (vs cigars) How'my doin'...? LOL. You're a HOOT Nanci. Cya.

Gene, we've met umpteen times over the years.

Just sayin'.

I don't have red hair. I'm probably not very hot. And For the last year or so... I've been smoking electric / battery op. cigs. Weird huh?

Thanx for giving me Way more credit than I really deserve!!

Contras laying down a great bass line as a mello plays the Bolero solo. For those of you who haven't heard this piece, imagine Land of Make Believe meets Bolero.

Serious power coming from the horns.

It's called "Lombero" :thumbup:

Thanks Charlie for all the great images from this morning's program!

CG6601.jpg

There's my Honey!!! He looks great!! Wish I could Hug him!!

Love you Charlie!!

Notice I'm not mentioning Allard. He's got me laughing too hard to respond!!

Gene, don't worry... Diceman is a dingbat. Don't take it personally.

Uncle Tom, you started all this nonsense. Ron saw your post about Port St. Lucie and he ran with it...

UGH!

Is it just me or are you trying to fire up the "Ron and Nanci Show" again?!?!

STOP IT! Don't fuel him up... he doesn't need any help! Well, he needs help but, that's another issue.

That middle voice sound is incredible. Can anybody tell me the breakdown of the horns? All mellos or are there some Frenchies in there, too?

Got home @3:00AM ESDT. All mellos; 20+/-. Only counted contras this time - 9, with a total somewhere around 65 +/-. Curt Hawkins & George Headley screaming at ya in "LaMancha" and Mello Bobby Bonn in "Rio"!!

Edited by Vanguard Rich

Didn't notice before, but one of the suspended cymbals on the trap set fell down. One of the members up front got it back in place.

Also noticed one of the horn players has one arm in a sling and is just marching, no horn.

New York music medley now building to the big tribute to the true heroes of 9/11, as well as Stars and Stripes Forever and a company front, complete with High Mark Time.

The horn player with a sling is me, I am a mellophone and I just had surgery so I was unable to play, but in old time drum corps fashion, you don't let your drill hole go unfilled!! Besides already had my room reservations and was looking forward to the weekend!!!

• Like 1