2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

The strength for CorpsVets is by far their guard. Very dynamic and eye catching. Beautiful full guard work on these purple flags during the ballad, plus they're all over the field when doing it, so there's a lot of color added to the visual.

Yes, I saw that in your Class A comments. It added a good feel for what was actually happening on the field. Thanks for doing this though. It really helps bring those of us who couldn't make it to Rochester a little closer to the action. Kudos to you!

Glad to do it. I helps me learn a lot about the shows I'm watching, in fact.

Ballet Sacra now for CorpsVets, by the way. Striking yellow and white flags with rifles interspersed.

Seriously, this guard is really good. The music program needs to get to this level and, when they do, look out!

Horns are losing steam. That should have been a major statement but the drums overpowered them easily.

To be honest, unless I'm a guard member, I'm not sure I'd be happy about that performance coming off the field.

Next on the field, also from Atlanta, Georgia, is Alliance. Their 2011 program is entitled "INFERNO" and consists of:

Inferno (from Divine Comedy)

Infernal Dance (from Firebird Suite)

The Fire of Eternal Glory (from Novorossisk Chimes)

Finale (from the Firebird Suite)

Great pit and tuba intro during the pre-show. Alliance really has improved their horn line over the past 6 years.

Next on the field, also from Atlanta, Georgia, is Alliance. Their 2011 program is entitled "INFERNO" and consists of:

Inferno (from Divine Comedy)

Infernal Dance (from Firebird Suite)

The Fire of Eternal Glory (from Novorossisk Chimes)

Finale (from the Firebird Suite)

Now that Cru is gone, Atlanta is the only city to have 2 Finalist corps...

And, with all respect to CorpsVets, Alliance just made the case for staying ahead with their opening statement. What a killer mello unison note surrounded by a great horn sound overall!