DCA is competitive again.

There is "competition" in this competitive activity again.

There was always competition. The only problem was that for the past six seasons one corps was more competitive than the others. A few corps, and one in particular, realized that in order for them to win they would have to step up their game. That finally happened. What you saw as non-competitiveness was to me and a lot of other drum corps fans one corps raising the level of what was thought possible by an All Age corps. The Reading Buccaneers dominance should not be looked down upon. It should be celebrated.

When the Buccaneers lost, DCA and the fans won

Even JessOnTheRun has never said anything this stupid.

• Like 1

Why, am I growing horns? Tell 'ya one thing...as of the end of the July their visual absolutely had a LOT of dead time. They must have made some MAD changes and worked them in over the month of August, but I will withhold opinion until I see the DVD. Anyway, let me get back to my crow dinner! Congrats to MBI!!!

FWIW, MBI made no significant drill changes in the show since July. Just some fine tuning for routing and the like. The only changes to visual were some body movement in the horns, but those were just a few counts and some were on the move. The biggest changes visually were in the guard, but again, most of it was set by July -- a lot of emphasis on performance, though, in conveyng the Valhalla theme.

What's going to be very interesting over the next months is to observe what decisions DCA makes as an organization. Half the finalists in open call are outside the northeast "heart" of DCA. That has to count for something.

Half the Voting Members are now outside the NorthEast.

But there is no Rules Congress until after the 2012 Championships, so it doesn't mean much right now...

And with C2 next year, we may add a third corps to the mix. Yes, its seems to be exciting again!!

Assuming they do come out and will be in the top tier. I'd like to think ALL the corps will be back in the mix next year, far more then "a third" corps to the mix.

Congrats MN Brass!!

I'm willing to bet that DCA's BoD is going to be doing cartwheels over this. I don't mean the Bucs finishing out of first place for the first time in what...a thousand shows? I mean that someone based outside of the northeast earned and captured the title. I don't see how that's anything but good for Drum Corps. If you realy kick back and ponder it they did the entire activity a favor. Hat's off to MBI.

I'm willing to bet that DCA's BoD is going to be doing cartwheels over this. I don't mean the Bucs finishing out of first place for the first time in what...a thousand shows? I mean that someone based outside of the northeast earned and captured the title. I don't see how that's anything but good for Drum Corps. If you realy kick back and ponder it they did the entire activity a favor. Hat's off to MBI.

Nothing against the Buccs but seems like that monkey is off DCAs back.

MBI has been participating in DCA going back to the late 70s. Irony is everyone is talking about a non-NE corps winning but it's also a long time DCA corps winning. As for more non-NE corps being on the DCA BoD and changing things let's give some credit to these corps. Doubt if they are going to do anything that might hurt DCA or the other corps. The non-NE guyz know what it would be like if DCA hit a bad spot and how it would hurt them.

This year marked DCA's 47th season! With the addition of Minnesota Brass, 10 corps have won the DCA Championship: (If this is not right please feel free to make corrections)

Corps - #of wins

Buccs - 10

Cabs - 9

Bush - 6

Sunrisers - 6

Brigs - 5

Empire - 5

Hurcs - 3

Skyliners - 3

Westshore - 1

M.B.I - 1

Congrats to Minnesota Brass on this seasons Championship and making the list!

I started marching with MBI in 1976. (man, I'm old) My 1st DCA finals was in 1977 and in 1979 the Bucs became my favorite Sr Corps. I lived in Lancaster, PA for a short time and wanted to march with them but 2 little kids prevented that. Now I'm just a fan. My happiness in MBI's victory is indescribable and the way they won makes it even sweeter. I loved the earlier post about MBI being a class act. Even in those old days when we struggled to survive we always represented our corps with pride and dignity. It really is amazing that MBI survived this long and has now reached the top.

Congrats MBI. I still wear my old red corps jacket with pride!

• Like 3

First just let me say that MB did deserve to win and yes the BUCS have been the corps to beat and they have been the ONE of the best ever in DCA history BUT to say they have raised the bar and only MB tried raised to there level is wrong. How easy you forget about 95 CABS, 96 WESTSHORE, 97 and 98 ES, and of course those great BRIGS corps, how can you say there 91 show would have not been just as competitive? It's real easy to insult everyone else for not raising the "BAR", that's just BS and it's that attitude that hurts DCA, unlike you I want to thank all the corps and every marching member that gave all they had to give not ONLY for the judges and what they want but actually played to those people in the stands that wanted "goose bump" moments and were waiting to give those standing ovations, and before you have a chance to say it I will this post is directed to DCI elitist and the those judge's believe DCA should be just an extension of DCI, This is just my opinion and if you don't like it I could care less.

• Like 1