What constitutes a percussion instrument?

string instruments are not legal... if you took the strings off and pounded on the banjo with your hands it would be legal.

if you can hit it, it's a percussion instrument. Somehow or other this also seems to include whistles (I'd rather hit the whistle blower most of the time). Pianos are considered percussion instruments because the strings are struck by a hammer. How electronic keyboards are classed I don't know, except they end up in the pit.

Regards,

John

How electronic keyboards are classed I don't know, except they end up in the pit.

Regards,

John

NOT in DCA they don't! :)

if you can hit it, it's a percussion instrument. Somehow or other this also seems to include whistles (I'd rather hit the whistle blower most of the time). Pianos are considered percussion instruments because the strings are struck by a hammer. How electronic keyboards are classed I don't know, except they end up in the pit.

Regards,

John

I'm thinking BLUE MAN GROUP!

Check the grand piano on the left side of the stage

brake drums, propane tanks, oxygen tanks, etc....they've been making loud piercing noises that drive you nuts for ages.

It's fun looking for new and interesting noises that front ensembles can make now of days by banging on certain items.

NOT in DCA they don't! :)

The assimilation will soon be complete.

On a related note, look for a return of tuned automobile brake drums, in 2012. :devil: Yes.. this is a blatant hint. :tongue:

Steve SCA is going to have to go with the times and use disc brakes rotors.Ofcourse you can go over to Washington Blvd and dig up some that were planted there.I don't think they ever flowered. :tongue: