Any thoughts on having an Alumni Association?

NYSkyliner

Andy,

If I'm a corps director in this economy, I worry about costs before exposure.So to expound on my longer post about the party atmosphere outside the stadium...say we get someone to underwrite it.? Say Joe's Annapolis Crabs decides they want to throw a good old fashioned clambake party between finals and the alumni show.....and hey,say each corps gets $250 to show up.

Trust me, you set up a setup like this, pay each corps at least something and sell an ### load of food and beverages, money is made by the sponsor.....and those corps get expsoure and a few $$ to offset travel.

Yes exposure is important. But what good is expsoure if you break the bank to get it? How many corps in DCA or DCi went belly up travelling theglobeto get exposure, only to drown in a sea of red ink?

this is why there are people who are in business and others who are not..you can have all the best intentions, heart and desire but it all doesn't mean a thing unless you can realistically make things happen.....heart and head usually are 2 different things...Although the heart is very admirable the head has to rule... still saying if some want to entertain the tailgaters before finals and they are already there...have at it.

Edited by GUARDLING