Gaines Replacement

50 bucks says he's headed to vanguard lol

I would not take that bet right now.....I heard last week from a few people who work with some others corps and the buzz going around is that Gaines may very well be heading to SCV

WOW... if this is true... michael gaines is simply one in a million, the best in the business! (even though I don't necessarily like his style, gemotric kaleidoscope ish etc... I do recognize that talent for what it is!)

I don't know how I'll feel about vanguard if they take him... They are one of my favorite corps... but this whole taking the iconic staff members of other corps kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

I agree with you 100%...

And Im not sure that drill design has been an issue with vanguard...in fact i think theyre consistently one of the best.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

I would not take that bet right now.....I heard last week from a few people who work with some others corps and the buzz going around is that Gaines may very well be heading to SCV

And I heard that Colonel Sanders is frozen while they search for a cure for bird flu.

People, if you're going to speculate, CITE YOUR SOURCES! Otherwise it's nothing but rumor. That and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee.

Garry in Vegas

PS Are we talking waffles and fried chicken? BTW, that was the inspiration for the Sanders comment.

Edited by CrunchyTenor

I wish Michael the best no matter what he does. He's a great guy, an innovator in the activity, and is an asset to any program.

Michael lives in San Francisco. He's one of the few people, if he did switch to Vanguard wouldn't have to use a "family reasons" approach to why he switched corps. Financially and timewise, it would just make more sense for him.

If he does stay with the Cavaliers, that's just fine, too. He was, genuinely, one of the brightest spots in my short time there. He's had a huge impact in thousands of kids lives all across this land.

This is the thing folks...Michael Gaines has been a part of the Cavaliers Organization for 20+ years. He is a FMM, and inducted into DCI Hall Of Fame because of his work with the Cavaliers. I would hope if there ever comes a time for Michael to leave/retire from the Cavies, that he and/or organization would be given proper notice of his/their intent. I really dont think its in Michaels nature to just jump ship to another corps.

Besides, lets be honest here, there aren't very many corps out there who could execute his drill as consistently or at the level as the Cavies.

And for those, who say Santa Clara would be closer...Michael works with groups all over the country (ie Pride of Cincinnati), just not the Cavies. He was just in Thailand adjudicating.

And to the DCP poster who quotes Michaels bio from his web site. That is word for word on The Cavaliers website as well and has read that way all season long.

But, who knows? Ive been wrong before....and stranger things have happened

Edited by GREENBLUE

50 bucks says he's headed to vanguard lol

I may be in the Minority , but I hope he doesn't Pete Webber has proven he is the man for the job and I'd be rather surprised if he goes anywhere soon.

• Like 1

And I heard that Colonel Sanders is frozen while they search for a cure for bird flu.

People, if you're going to speculate, CITE YOUR SOURCES! Otherwise it's nothing but rumor. That and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee.

Garry in Vegas

PS Are we talking waffles and fried chicken? BTW, that was the inspiration for the Sanders comment.

If people cite their sources, they quickly dont have sources anymore.

This is the thing folks...Michael Gaines has been a part of the Cavaliers Organization for 20+ years. He is a FMM, and inducted into DCI Hall Of Fame because of his work with the Cavaliers. I would hope if there ever comes a time for Michael to leave/retire from the Cavies, that he and/or organization would be given proper notice of his/their intent. I really dont think its in Michaels nature to just jump ship to another corps.

Besides, lets be honest here, there aren't very many corps out there who could execute his drill as consistently or at the level as the Cavies.

And for those, who say Santa Clara would be closer...Michael works with groups all over the country (ie Pride of Cincinnati), just not the Cavies. He was just in Thailand adjudicating.

And to the DCP poster who quotes Michaels bio from his web site. That is word for word on The Cavaliers website as well and has read that way all season long.

But, who knows? Ive been wrong before....and stranger things have happened

same thing could have been said about JD Shaw

I don't know how I'll feel about vanguard if they take him... They are one of my favorite corps... but this whole taking the iconic staff members of other corps kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Yes; but, this is certainly not new to drum corps nor to the Vanguard.

Early in their history they had staff from the Troopers (among others).

Also they had many staff members go to the Blue Devils.

Garry,

I think you're thinking of Ted Williams, no?

BTW... in many parts of the south they do in fact server waffles with fried chicken AND gravy. :laugh: