Cadets design team sets stage for 2012

Isn't it interesting that they met on Sept 11 and are planning a show about Pearl Harbor?

• Like 2

I think it's great that they give fans a glimpse of the design process every year. Even though things are bound to change over the next few months, it at least gives those of us who are already patiently (or impatiently) awaiting the arrival of the next season a little something to keep us excited! I wish more corps did this

• Like 3

With this quote,

...during a walk through the streets of Philadelphia, and in a rather odd stream of consciousness exchange that included David Holsinger, Amelia Earhart, Snoopy and the Red Baron, the direction was agreed upon.

I am saying if Cadets don't have Snoopy as the Red Baron in their show next year, I will be VERY disappointed :tongue:

• Like 4

I think it's great that they give fans a glimpse of the design process every year. Even though things are bound to change over the next few months, it at least gives those of us who are already patiently (or impatiently) awaiting the arrival of the next season a little something to keep us excited! I wish more corps did this

totally agreed!

I stated this in another post, having just read that article, that it will be interesting to see what kind of angle they take in terms of storyline. We may see them continue with the bi-tonal uniform look; but in this case will they really try to recreate war scenes, or try to flesh out the underlying patriotic themes of wartime and peace? Also, looks as though the music will NOT come from the movie, which was Hans Zimmer I think, but the music may come from composers such as David Holsinger. Of course, this coming December 7, 2011 will be the 70th anniversary of that day. Their last patriotic show was 10 years ago (from this coming summer).

It will be very interesting to see how they put this together. I don't think anything is in stone yet.