Cadets design team sets stage for 2012

At risk of over-analyzing (on DCP?!) ...

This quote from Boocock had me scratching my head:

What clearly worked for people was the fact that the show was so clear in intent. We all knew what the program was about, most every minute.

When hasn't the Cadets' programmatic intent been clear recently?

Toy Souldier surely was obvious in 10. The West Side Story variant wasn't a linear story in 09. Okay, but not exactly an intellectual puzzle. 08? Don't make me say it. 07 was articulated clearly. 06 was fuzzy deliberately. 05 had a clear, if unusual, vision.

I think you have to go back to 04 (Tull) to find a show where the intent of the program wasn't very clear. So I guess what I'm saying is I'm not sure whether that 2011 lesson really is instructive going forward. Worse, I wonder whether the imperative to tell a story might hamper the creative process.

HH - investigating, not indicting

Snoopy versus the Red Baron and the Return of the Red Baron.

I always thought they were British, but they were from Florida!

MIKE

With this quote,

I am saying if Cadets don't have Snoopy as the Red Baron in their show next year, I will be VERY disappointed :tongue:

Did Little Jeffery age out or can he come back - this time with his special helmet?

• Like 4

I stated this in another post, having just read that article, that it will be interesting to see what kind of angle they take in terms of storyline. We may see them continue with the bi-tonal uniform look; but in this case will they really try to recreate war scenes, or try to flesh out the underlying patriotic themes of wartime and peace? Also, looks as though the music will NOT come from the movie, which was Hans Zimmer I think, but the music may come from composers such as David Holsinger. Of course, this coming December 7, 2011 will be the 70th anniversary of that day. Their last patriotic show was 10 years ago (from this coming summer).

It will be very interesting to see how they put this together. I don't think anything is in stone yet.

Seeing as how the "bi-tonal" uniform doesn't seem to have anything to do with Pearl Harbor and more to do with Angels and Demons, I doubt this will be the case.

IF they keep this show concept, I can see it being as emotional and clear-cut as 2011 was.

I predict this show will bomb... :wink:

You're all optimism. :rock:

Who's going to play Ben Affleck?

:laughing: