This Just In...

Stu

There were no P-51's, nor were there any Sopwith Camels at Pearl. There were, however, some P-40 Warhawks. Didn't you see the movie? Sheesh!

Garry in Vegas

LOL, only movie I thought of was "Animal House"

"Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"

"Germans?"

"He's on a roll"

s/ Guy who worked at Pearl Harbor Naval Base for a few weeks. Work high point was standing on a chair in an office to get a better look at the USS Arizona from the window..... Then one of the captains walked in and did a double take. :blink:

This just in.... George Hopkins has announced that he is expanding the horizons on both the electric keyboard and vocals for the TOC shows. He has just secured two TV stars for next years performances!!!! Mr. Butters the Dog and the Parrot singing "Take on Me" in the new Geico Insurance TV commercial.

But would Mr. Butters be willing to grant the sync rights?

Whatever you do don't mention waffles or this thread is doomed. :tongue:

It shouldn't be doomed; I think this would be a perfect new sponsor for a corps doing a Pearl Harbor show.

yN7Vhq8xN65b9xipfikxtpQ3_400.jpg

If you don't believe me, read the first sentence of this.

Man survives Pearl Harbor attack while waiting for waffles.

And be sure to read to the bottom, where you'll see this:

In the 60s, a memory from the fateful day found Davey when he opened a large trunk of stuff that had been shut since it was abruptly packed up.

Davey found a waffle iron, and his mom suddenly got teary-eyed.

"She says, 'oh my god' ... she said, 'there's a waffle in there."'

He pried open the appliance with a screwdriver, and inside was a perfectly preserved waffle that Davey's mom was cooking the morning of the attack.

How could the staff even think of putting together the show without this tender tribute to America's favorite breakfast alternate pancake.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

It shouldn't be doomed; I think this would be a perfect new sponsor for a corps doing a Pearl Harbor show.

yN7Vhq8xN65b9xipfikxtpQ3_400.jpg

If you don't believe me, read the first sentence of this.

Man survives Pearl Harbor attack while waiting for waffles.

And be sure to read to the bottom, where you'll see this:

In the 60s, a memory from the fateful day found Davey when he opened a large trunk of stuff that had been shut since it was abruptly packed up.

Davey found a waffle iron, and his mom suddenly got teary-eyed.

"She says, 'oh my god' ... she said, 'there's a waffle in there."'

He pried open the appliance with a screwdriver, and inside was a perfectly preserved waffle that Davey's mom was cooking the morning of the attack.

How could the staff even think of putting together the show without this tender tribute to America's favorite breakfast alternate pancake.

Mike Boo - "Making Waffles Respectable on DCP" I like it.

• Like 2

This just in.... George Hopkins has announced that he is expanding the horizons on both the electric keyboard and vocals for the TOC shows. He has just secured two TV stars for next years performances!!!! Mr. Butters the Dog and the Parrot singing "Take on Me" in the new Geico Insurance TV commercial.

"Hit it Mr. Butters."

Then there's the legend of one of the ships whose loudspeakers did not say:

"General Quarters.. this is not a drill"

According to "At Dawn We Slept" it was announced:

"General Quarters.. this is no S###".

Just waiting to hear THAT go over the amps, beats the dickens out of "Where Are We?".