Joel Vincent out at Spirit of Atlanta

Deleting previous posting as I now realize this thread began in September 2011 and makes sense in that context. My original post was written in the mistaken view that this was new. It's not. Sorry.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 1

Howdy Schmidt?

Lord help us if it happens...

• Like 2

A thank you to Joel for his years of dedication and hard work.

I know many people who are extremely happy that the word "Atlanta" is back in the name. I'm sure he played an integral part in making that happen.

WHY is He LEAVING ???

Joel Vincent Out at SoA

On behalf of the entire Spirit of Atlanta organization, the Board of Directors would like to thank Joel Vincent for his nearly 10 years of dedication and service to the corps. During his tenure, Joel served as an instructor and administrator for Spirit of JSU, Spirit, and Spirit of Atlanta and helped guide the organization through dynamic and challenging times. In 2010, Joel was instrumental in bringing Spirit home to Atlanta and in 2011 he helped bring "Spirit of Atlanta" back to the field. We wish Joel the best of luck in his future endeavors and are extremely grateful for all that he has given our members, staff, and fans over the years.

The new Executive Director and 2012 Design Team and Instructional Staff will be announced over the coming weeks.

Need not worry folks, I think all will be very pleased with the new Executive Director to be announced soon!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the AWESOME show that design team created for Spirit Of Atlanta last year that got them BACK INTO FINALS! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! Now is NOT the time for a design team shake up for this corps! NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the AWESOME show that design team created for Spirit Of Atlanta last year that got them BACK INTO FINALS! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! Now is NOT the time for a design team shake up for this corps! NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No worries. The 2012 design staff is virtually the same as in 2011. Same goes for the majority of the instructional staff.

No worries. The 2012 design staff is virtually the same as in 2011. Same goes for the majority of the instructional staff.

Yeah, I just went to the website and checked and also just realized that this was an old thread that I evidentally missed the start of. Whew! When the OP said "design team" I it made me really worry. I LOVED last year's show and can only assume that with the majority of the staff staying in tact that they will be great again.

Joel Vincent Out at SoA

On behalf of the entire Spirit of Atlanta organization, the Board of Directors would like to thank Joel Vincent for his nearly 10 years of dedication and service to the corps. During his tenure, Joel served as an instructor and administrator for Spirit of JSU, Spirit, and Spirit of Atlanta and helped guide the organization through dynamic and challenging times. In 2010, Joel was instrumental in bringing Spirit home to Atlanta and in 2011 he helped bring "Spirit of Atlanta" back to the field. We wish Joel the best of luck in his future endeavors and are extremely grateful for all that he has given our members, staff, and fans over the years.

The new Executive Director and 2012 Design Team and Instructional Staff will be announced over the coming weeks.

Need not worry folks, I think all will be very pleased with the new Executive Director to be announced soon!

I think you should pull this post. Seems to me it may be a ploy to create controversy and fear of some Spirit shake up. Vincent left five months ago and the staff was announced back then as well.

Poor taste or maybe someone just not thinking. I hope the later.

I think you should pull this post. Seems to me it may be a ploy to create controversy and fear of some Spirit shake up. Vincent left five months ago and the staff was announced back then as well.

The thread started last September. :ph34r: Chadwick isn't likely to be trying to stir any controversy - he's always a staunch Spirit supporter.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

If you'd pay attention before you post and to what the post said, you'll notice two things

1. It was not made to stir up controversy... "Need not worry folks, I think all will be very pleased with the new Executive Director to be announced soon!"

2. The thread was started almost 5 months ago... to announce that Vincent was leaving.

• Like 2

Man dude, read and for God's sake THINK before you post! This guy bleeds baby blue (Sprit's traditional color in case you don't remember). The last thing he'd want is to create controversy for Spirit. :doh:

• Like 1