Is Madison the new Crown?

Honk, honk, honk!

Here we go with the 'my corps is better than your corps'.

I think Madison won that battle last year with their main corps thread reaching about 200 pages by season's end.

They sure have the most loyal and vocal followers/supporters on DCP....and this thread starts the debate for season 2012!

Old Madison, New Madison, Powerhouse Madison, let the stories and the buildup begin!

It's always fun to see if the corps/tour/show lives up to the hype.

• Like 3

Honk, honk, honk!

Here we go with the 'my corps is better than your corps'.

I think Madison won that battle last year with their main corps thread reaching about 200 pages by season's end.

They sure have the most loyal and vocal followers/supporters on DCP....and this thread starts the debate for season 2012!

Old Madison, New Madison, Powerhouse Madison, let the stories and the buildup begin!

It's always fun to see if the corps/tour/show lives up to the hype.

I don't think *any* corps could live up to the MadMen hype on DCP :-)

• Like 2

Now that Crown has become one of the powerhouse corps of DCI. 2007 was kind of the first year Crown started showing it's stuff in my mind. Then 2009 they really blew DCI out of the water with it's new innovations in the activity. Now that the climb has basically ended, are Scouts going to be the next corps that climbs out of the nethers of lower finals to rejoin the power corps?

Madison Scouts is the new Star Wars. They started out incredible, breaking new ground and quickly becoming a 'favorite.' They then kind of slid into irrelevance for awhile, even putting out products that turned off long time fans. Now they're making strides to return back to relevance by not only appealing to a new, younger generation but by also throwing in nods to the 'old school' to appeal to long-time fans.

Or, we can stop with the goofy comparisons and just say "Madison is doing well, and we hope they continually improve."

• Like 1

Madison is the new Timex: takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'

*edit - not meaning to imply Madison ticking in the old-school drum corps sense, just making light of this discussion by thinking of how many goofy comparisons I can think of and referring to old marketing of Timex watches.

Edited by perc2100
  • Like 1

The Madison Scouts are the new "The Dude". They abide!

• Like 2

Yeah- what they said. Crown has been good the last few years but Madison has a rich history and they're just coming home where they belong.

The Scouts are moving back to Madison???

• Like 2