Officially announced. Cavaliers have a new visual designer.

There is NO chance that Mr. Gaines will be at SCV. I'm just sayin

This may be my sig line in a few weeks.

If we have learned anything in the last few weeks... it is that anything is possible.

We just had an arranger leave his alma mater, that he won a championship with, to go be with a percussion arranger that people were afraid he would try to throw off the scaffolding. AT SCV.

So, we have very, very fraternally committed individuals leaving places for SCV. Plus, word on the street from numerous reliable sources (as in people I listen to) is that the possibility at least exists.

Gaines lives in San Francisco and his working relationship with Jeff Fiedler is almost as long standing as his relationship with the Cavaliers.

Don't count nothing out, brotha.

• Like 1

I'm betting the Vanguard will be making an announcement in the near future!

Seconded

There is NO chance that Mr. Gaines will be at SCV. I'm just sayin

Keep dreaming

Next on DCI's headlines: "Vanguard would like to welcome Michael Gaines to their 2012 visual staff..." (take this lightly)

I'm sure that will be heard soon.

I only have 2 concerns.

If Gaines is not going to be involved daily ... I'm not sure he will turn out his best product

Concern 2 ... I can't see JD SHaw rewriting a brass book to match what the drill writer needs to finish the visual phrase. Major Conflict right there.

• Like 2

I can't see JD SHaw rewriting a brass book to match what the drill writer needs to finish the visual phrase. Major Conflict right there.

It happened numerous times in 03/04/05... so no, not much of a major conflict, right there.

As long as something interesting is going on, he has no qualms at all changing the music to fit the drill.

The reason why you say this, is probably because it comes across so seamlessly when he does it.

• Like 1

It happened numerous times in 03/04/05... so no, not much of a major conflict, right there.

As long as something interesting is going on, he has no qualms at all changing the music to fit the drill.

The reason why you say this, is probably because it comes across so seamlessly when he does it.

Could be .. but I've also heard tell of some of Gaines' phrases being extended by 30 seconds ... which translated into pit/percussion features. That's all fine and good .. but I'm pretty sure part of the reason JD left (as did Rennick) was to have more say in the creative design of the show rather than being hamstrung by tyrants. With a great creative staff .. this collaboration usually works itself out ...... but if it changes the flow of the show musically in order to achieve a visual moment.... I dunno. I just can't see Rennick and Shaw buying into that theory (no matter how well it served Cavies or Fiedler in the past).

This may be my sig line in a few weeks.

If we have learned anything in the last few weeks... it is that anything is possible.

We just had an arranger leave his alma mater, that he won a championship with, to go be with a percussion arranger that people were afraid he would try to throw off the scaffolding. AT SCV.

So, we have very, very fraternally committed individuals leaving places for SCV. Plus, word on the street from numerous reliable sources (as in people I listen to) is that the possibility at least exists.

Gaines lives in San Francisco and his working relationship with Jeff Fiedler is almost as long standing as his relationship with the Cavaliers.

Don't count nothing out, brotha.

This is where the "people think they know what they're talking about" comes in. If my sources are correct (which by golly they are) there's no chance of this happening.

I'm even ready to take a $$$$$ bet on it. Anybody have a paypal ready?

• Like 2

This is where the "people think they know what they're talking about" comes in. If my sources are correct (which by golly they are) there's no chance of this happening.

I'll take Gaines for $20 Alex.

Who is ... SCV

• Like 1

I'll bet a mini keg of Kellerbrau on it. You can pick something of similar price.

Considering at least one party involved is openly telling people about the conversations going on, I'd venture to say they wouldn't lie about that in public.

Seconded

Keep dreaming

I'm sure that will be heard soon.

I only have 2 concerns.

If Gaines is not going to be involved daily ... I'm not sure he will turn out his best product

Concern 2 ... I can't see JD SHaw rewriting a brass book to match what the drill writer needs to finish the visual phrase. Major Conflict right there.

agreed, which is what my food analogy was partially about earlier.

jd shaw is MUSIC FIRST, he may tweak things here and there but I don't see him EVER doing so to the extent that saucedo did.. or the new guy.... ever...

gaines would have to get used to being set to the phrasing.

I'm still not sure I believe the rumor... but it will be interesting to see if it's true

Why do you have such a bee up your ### about this? Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But what does it matter to you if he goes to Vanguard or some "lesser" group? This is not a good thread to embarrass your corps in.

• Like 4