Your Instrument(s)

mosthumbleone

i have a pea shooter bach t-bone that i never play anymore.

I usually play on a bach strad 50BLG. (bass bones are for big boys)

and i also play on a yamaha YBH301M Baritone although im ashamed of it. i swear yamaha makes awesome concert euphs but i dunno if they gave any thought whatsoever to their marching baris. If any of you guys have one then you feel my pain. the valves are a mile long compared to king and dynasty. Seriously they could have taken about a half inch off of the valve height and nothing would be lost except frustration. They are the only company i know who uses plastic valve guides instead of metal ones. Dumb idea i think. (i dunno plastic tends to...break). AND the weight distribution on those things are pointless. they look smaller than dynasty's and kings but they feel twice as heavy. the only good thing is they sound pretty good. yamaha should have given a bit more thought to the design. pain is the ace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently use a Getzen 700s (named Ashley) trumpet for my trumpet playing

I also own a king 600 (i believe) trumpet that I used when I first started.

I also own and sometimes play a 2 valve G dynasty soprano (named Morpheus, after the greek god).

I also play a yamaha double F horn, my school owns it but I play it. I really hate this thing, because honestly I feel that yamaha doesn't make a good french horn or mell for that matter, just my opinion.

I also play on a dyansty 3 valve G mellophone (named Apollo), and I hope to someday own that whenever the corps switches to concert pitch.

And the latest craze for me seems to be sending my mouthpieces off to get the rim and cup gold plated to add just a bit of flare and I love the feel of gold. I have my bach 3c trumpet mouthpiece done and I'm working on getting my mello one done right now.

Edited by ColtsMelloguy

I also play a yamaha double F horn, my school owns it but I play it. I really hate this thing, because honestly I feel that yamaha doesn't make a good french horn or mell for that matter, just my opinion.

Yamaha's student models are all poorly built, but you get your hands on a Professional or a custom yamaha horn and those might be some of the best ones out there. Try the 668 out, I love it, thinking of switching my 8D in for one.

• 3 weeks later...

i seem to be one of the rare trumpet players here, having only own 1 trumpet. Bach Strad. Old as ####, wasn't taken care of as well before I got it. I'm gonna be buying a Kanstul signature probably 15xx series. Not sure yet. It'll be a pretty horn, and also a great playing horn, better than my Strad... yay... I do own however a jupiter slide trumpet, and a King Cleveland Trombone as well. And a bundy alto sax. And a hand made trumpet from India, got it on Ebay for like 50 bucks including shipping. Its a piece of crap, but how many people can say they have a handmade indian trumpet..hehe

Corps Horns Ive Played:

DEG (2 yrs and 2 corps)

My Horns:

CONN 8D (Screwbell and Silver plated)

-I have played on a Holton before, but like the CONN better.

King Mello (I dont know the number)

Bach Stadaverius (spell?)

Blessing was my first trumpet

Edited by BOSMarcher

Bb Trumpet -- Yamaha 6310Z Bobby Shew Model

C Trumpet -- Yamaha

Flugelhorn -- Blessing XLFU

Eb Trumpet -- DEG

Bugle -- Kanstul Powerbore Soprano

Also in my collection:

Getzen Eterna Bb Trumpet -- Doc Severinsen Model

Amati Bb Pocket Trumpet

Amati Bugle -- used for Civil War Reenacting

Various other bugles, many makes and models...

Edited by Sweendoc

My original Olds student trombone from 1965 - so far three people (including me) have learned to play off this horn. Absolutly NO laquer left on this horn b**bs

Selmer trombone from 1974 - Nice concert horn but showing its age

Nuss trombone from 1924 or 1928 (serial #2428 ot #2824) - made in Harrisburg, PA (my hometown) - nickle or silver plated with oddly shaped mouthpiece

Alto horn I picked up at a flea market for $20 - from Chester School District

2 Valve Bari I picked up on ebay a few months ago. Supposedly it was used by the Velvet Knights in the mid 80s. B)

Also play DEG 2 valve Bari in one of the Alumni corps. BIG difference in size, weight and air needed between the King and DEG. In next few months should be getting a 3 valve Bari. Now I can play the ####### A flats. :P

Just bought a one valve (and only one valve) Bari (with mouthpiece) off of ebay. Seller thought the horn was from the 50s. Thanks to Jeff and a few other people on RAMD I found out that the horn is pre WWII vintage and probably from the 1930s. b**bs Talk about owning a piece of history. :) :) :)

Since I am not in a corps yet I havent used a corps horn, but I will be on mello, and the Scades mello that I saw looked really nice. Dont remember what kind tho.

My horns-

I own a Bach Strad LR 180 trumpet, and it makes me very happy b**bs

and i play a french horn and mello from the school, the mello is yamaha, key of F, the horn is also yamaha, it says 668 on it. You should see the dents on the poor horn (not my doing!) :(

• 1 month later...