2011 World Championship CDs not available till November?

I ordered my 2011 Blu-Ray/CD bundle a few days ago when the DCI Store said the CDs would be available by October 3rd. After a quick glance at the DCI Store today, it appears they have changed the CD availability date to November. Does anyone have any information on this change (DrumCat maybe)?

In the years I've been following the activity, the CDs have never come out any later than the first couple weeks of October. Is there something holding up production?

The albums/CDs have always come out closer to the Christmas holidays than the summer. Most years you'd see them between Thanksgiving and Christmas, with the occasional year taking longer.

This.

There will be a note about it soon, but the short answer is it's a couple extra weeks. 2+2 will give you the reasons...

Thank you both for your responses. I'm a relative newbie (started paying attention to drum corps in 2005), so I didn't realize that's the way it had usually been. I've been getting my CDs in September or October over the past few years. I'll be on the lookout for the note.

they had to get the echo out? :ph34r:

the past few years the cds were out earlier but a few weeks extra isn't a killer

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they have acquired the licensing rights for Madison's closer Empire State Of Mind????

This doesn't affect the CD's, only the DVD's and Blue-rays. My understanding is that the rights which they HAVE received allow audio-only recordings...which means you can also get it by purchasing the download off of FN.

• 3 weeks later...

This.

There will be a note about it soon, but the short answer is it's a couple extra weeks. 2+2 will give you the reasons...

Any update on the CDs?

• Like 1

Any update on the CDs?

What he said.