Interservice Championship Scores

Your first sentence says it all.... "From a spectator, sure." These corps compete once a year; the rest of their shows are for "the spectator." If white pants for the Air Force provide a better show for "the spectator," then that's what they should wear - at least in my opinion. It might be a different story if they were competing two or three times a week, but they're not.

One other consideration along that same line.... I don't see the USMC D&B Corps trying to hide errors; they simply seem to work harder to avoid them. What kind of a show would they put on if they wore their greens or khakis?

Quite true about 8th & I (USMC Drum & Bugle Corps) but realize also, they are not being "judged" Their primary focus is to entertain, and they do that and then some!

All,

You might be surprised to know that the decision for Navy to wear black pants came from the midshipmen themselves. You see, the members of the service academy corps OWN THEIR OWN UNIFORMS.... and are charged by their respective academies to have them cleaned. It actually comes out of their paychecks. So the decision was less about strategic advantage, and more about not getting their white trou dirty!!!

Jeff

Quite practical....

All,

You might be surprised to know that the decision for Navy to wear black pants came from the midshipmen themselves. You see, the members of the service academy corps OWN THEIR OWN UNIFORMS.... and are charged by their respective academies to have them cleaned. It actually comes out of their paychecks. So the decision was less about strategic advantage, and more about not getting their white trou dirty!!!

Jeff

Now there's an explanation that I can live with, Jeff.

Now if we could only convince some of the non-service academy competing corps to have their uniforms cleaned from time to time, we might be on to something. What a concept!!!

• Like 1

From Annapolis, MD:

1) Air Force 90.10

2) Navy 89.45

3) Coast Guard 83.20

High Brass, Percussion: Navy

High Visual: Air Force

Nice night at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Congratulations to the Air Force "Flight of Sound" on their victory!

If some one could, please let me know if posting links to photos and audio files from the show are OK...

Quite OK.

We weren't tracking attendance, as the show was free, but my best guess would be about 300?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.... thumbup.gif

(Now if the mods will allow external links to be posted. I have an audio link and a another link to my photos on Flickr. And you have the videos links posted on the USNADC Facebook page.)

GREAT seeing you Saturday. (Yes, that was me yelling JEFF! And you did look up and wave! w00t.gif )

Edited by TennTux

Tony,

You could always post those links on the Navy D&B Facebook page... (www.facebook.com/usnadb)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff worthy.gif

DONE! thumbup.gif