Big, Loud & Live 8 theater attendance figures released

Bring back the Classic Countdown in it's original form.

An event where the fans vote on the shows they want to see.

2-3 shows from the 70s.

2-3 shows from the 80s.

2-3 shows from the 90s.

2-3 Shows from 00 to present.

I firmly believe that an event like this would do much better on a yearly basis than the event we have now.

Just my .02...

IMO these bored the snot out of most of the locals at our theater. Sure there were some who enjoyed the older stuff but even for those hard core old farts the picture and sound quality was obviously inferior.

Last years offerings seemed to excite fans more (esp. the season kickoff event).

If DCI were to offer the classic countdown event again perhaps it should be OFF season. Show it over the Xmas holidays.

• Like 2

Britbones,

You are right that it's a shame you can't get the broadcast, but it may be an insurmountable problem. I will pursue this from my end, but I think the barrier would be that there is an arrangement between DCI and a particular Merkin movie theater Company - Regal. My SWAG is that their theaters have a satellite download code that only they can receive.

Not all the theaters showing the event in Las Vegas are Regal theaters. Some are Century/Cinemark.

Garry in Vegas

IMO these bored the snot out of most of the locals at our theater. Sure there were some who enjoyed the older stuff but even for those hard core old farts the picture and sound quality was obviously inferior.

Last years offerings seemed to excite fans more (esp. the season kickoff event).

If DCI were to offer the classic countdown event again perhaps it should be OFF season. Show it over the Xmas holidays.

Yes I tend to agree. The Anaheim video was like peering through a fish tank, and some people were laughing at the old-time style of the 27th Lancers at the theater where I saw the original show.

Me? I'd go see any drum corps in the theater, but then again I am one of these!

Bring back the Classic Countdown in it's original form.

An event where the fans vote on the shows they want to see.

2-3 shows from the 70s.

2-3 shows from the 80s.

2-3 shows from the 90s.

2-3 Shows from 00 to present.

I firmly believe that an event like this would do much better on a yearly basis than the event we have now.

Just my .02...

This format turns off the sub-35 year-old demographic, many of whose members dislike the older shows. I'm in your target audience, and even I think it's run its course. Attendance was dropping the last couple of years they tried it. Producers can get away with 30-second flashback clips of highlights, but many younger folks get antsy and won't pay to see four to six entire 1970s and 1980s shows. There are other problems with it, including as mentioned the inferior video quality when blown up on a movie screen compared to the much more recent HD look and the often inferior sound, and the fact that so many fans who enjoy it can see it at home whenever they want.

I think they're much smarter to offer people something they haven't seen before and can't see at home, in HD video, that has a better chance of growing new, younger fans and MMs, the format they found this year.

Edited by Peel Paint

I love old drum corps, new drum corps in between drum corps. So do many of my friends. And really the countdowns to us were like " hey let's go pay money to watch what we already own at home". The thrill wore off after a year

Stick to live events like the kickoff and quarters.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

I love old drum corps, new drum corps in between drum corps. So do many of my friends. And really the countdowns to us were like " hey let's go pay money to watch what we already own at home". The thrill wore off after a year

Stick to live events like the kickoff and quarters.

I have the fan network, why would I drive and pay for something I can watch at home?

Jeff has this right!

That kickoff was a GREAT addition to the season and I wish it continues... sans the wind.

Edited by CloudHype

Yes; and in the plural. I have encountered many children who somewhat like music, in the peripheral sense such as listening to the radio or having some mp3s or Cds to blast in their headphones, but they have no real "love" for music.

Plural of what? I don't know what's filling you with P*** and vinegar. but I suspect it's a cocktail of both. I wouldn't want you around any child I know with your negative attitude, Please cease.