Drum corps stadium profiles

I believe it was riverside. Maybe mt sac. But I remember walking down from the warmup area down into the stadium entrance.. Not much to go off of. But I remember that show as being one of my first of the season, and I remember being really impressed by that stadium.

I believe it was riverside. Maybe mt sac. But I remember walking down from the warmup area down into the stadium entrance.. Not much to go off of. But I remember that show as being one of my first of the season, and I remember being really impressed by that stadium.

It would be Mt. Sac....there is NOTHING impressive about RCC as a venue except the longevity of the show.

Waller, TX. Our Area E Marching Contest was held here last weekend. It's two years old and out in the middle of nowhere but a beautiful stadium and great field!

389708_10150435476840844_620460843_10415109_395816164_n.jpg

07160-000-wisd_athletic.jpg

Do I have rose tinted glasses or maybe a failing memory - who knows but I remember doing a show at Hershey that I really enjoyed also I think there was a show at Penn state. First time I heard Boston playing Conquest and the crowd going nuts.

its over 20 years ago so I could be talking nonsense.

I loved being on tour with a bunch of Texans... when we got to the East Cost... and how much smaller the stadiums are. We get to the West Chester show... and of course east coast guys hype the show all year long... we get to the stadium "That's it?"

Yup... Our spring training facility is quite larger.

west_chester_stadium_1.jpg

Back when it was still grass... heard about the field being awful there for the DCI show during the summer. It's been turf for the past 6 years or so though.

Spring training was here(probably wouldn't be a bad show site):

comalander_B.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It would be Mt. Sac....there is NOTHING impressive about RCC as a venue except the longevity of the show.

Here's a good look at RCC's stands for those who have never seen it. Tiny, and the home stands are about 20 years off-center from the 50 yard line. Compare this with one of Riverside USD's newly-renovated stadiums like this one at Ramona HS and it's a bit of a head-scratcher why the show continues to be here (well, not really, RCC's band sponsors it so they're naturally going to use their own venue).

RiversideCAWheelockStadium2000.jpg

RiversideCARamonaHS3000.jpg

Now here's a good trivia question for you, Sam. What are the only corps from OUTSIDE of California to beat BD at the Riverside show?

I've posted an update this evening with some more Wisconsin stadiums.

Georgia Dome can't not be beat IMO. The sound echos and blasts through the entire stadium as soon as you enter the doors. Its Amazing. Not to mention if you are marching Spirit of Atlanta, expect probably the loudest cheer for any corps at any event as you come onto the field.... hahaha xD

• Like 1

When did new Texas high school stadiums start getting to be so large? Has it been that way for a long time?

Edited by Michael Boo