Blue Stars Brass Staff

Just props in general. I really hope the props on a massive level are not something that continues to be a part of the Blue Stars shows.

Right, because we certainly wouldn't want Blue Stars to be different from most other corps. God forbid.

Right, because we certainly wouldn't want Blue Stars to be different from most other corps. God forbid.

You can be plenty different without dropping tons of props on the field. That fad has passed in drum corps for the most part. How much truck space (and therefore gas) is required to lug all these props everywhere? I know there are corps that have had separate trucks just for their props. Its a lot of wasted time, energy, and money for little payoff.

• Like 2

Tom Santino is fantastic educator, but his lines at Boston weren't the strongest...

Something that worries me about the boston-ication (or is that tarponization) of blue stars staff. Boston peaked, plateaued, and then fell off placement wise. Stars hit 8th, stayed there 3 years, and dropped to 11th. Hopefully history doesnt repeat here.

Edited by AlexL
  • Like 2

Something that worries me about the boston-ication (or is that tarponization) of blue stars staff. Boston peaked, plateaued, and then fell off placement wise. Stars hit 8th, stayed there 3 years, and dropped to 11th. Hopefully history doesnt repeat here.

If it weren't for the "Tarponization" of the staff the Blue Stars wouldn't be a finalist corps. Just like Boston starting in 99 the staff which has a lot of the same faces molded both corps which other wise would be mid teen corps into finalist. Santino is awesome... not only a great instructor but a great person as well.. I wish the Blue Stars lots of luck this coming year.

Umm... Kevin Ford is about as big as a name as you can have in the world of visual design. I'm trying to think of big names not with anybody right now and all are at about the same level.

Sorry, I didn't mean to phrase it like that, and I adjusted my post accordingly. He has done some great work for them for the past few years, but I think it's time for a big change visually for the Blue Stars. A new drill designer with a fresh perspective for their consistent design team could help a lot.

• Like 2

with the loss of sullivan and murphy in head positions it will be difficult for them...

do not like :huh2:

haven't heard of these names before...

with the loss of sullivan and murphy in head positions it will be difficult for them...

do not like :huh2:

haven't heard of these names before...

Frank is still arranging the music for them, so he is not out of the picture. It says that Ryan Mohney was a trumpet tech last year with them, so he knows the program. Just depends on if these two continue down the "breathe dah" path, or what changes they will make. I do not see this being as a detriment to the corps at all. I believe they will continue to have a great hornline sound. We will have to wait and see how they teach before we make very many assumptions.

• Like 2