Long Ranger Alternative?

DarkImage4

Looking for a way to amplify our metronome, BUT an actual Long Ranger is NOT in our budget.

Any suggestions for an alternative solution that is inexpensive yet still able to take "a beating."

Thanks!

Staff member + pink jam block + metronome + headphones.

Another option would be bringing an instrument amplifier to the field, but there are several issues with that, such as getting power run to the field, and getting enough volume out of the amp (depending on your band size).

• Like 1

If a power source is not an issue, a guitar amplifier can be sufficient. a decent one of those can be had for under 100.00. The downside is that they are not battery powered unless you get a tiny practice amp but if you have an outlet nearby that you can plug into, it can work pretty well.

I used a small keyboard amp, but it couldn't cut through my small drumline. A buddy of mine used a small portable like the one in the CHSnare's post, it worked for a small group.

I actually went to radio shack and they talked me through this: marine battery (deep cycle and rechargable), power converter, amp, loudspeaker and a few connecting parts. I never put the system together, but if you don't mind lugging the thing around it would essentially be the same as a Long Ranger for a very small amount of $$$. I wanted to just put all the parts on a small dolly and roll with it. You could skip the battery if you had a nearby plug.