DCI 2012 Programs

This is straight from the May issue of Drum Corps World, so don't kill the messenger, please! :smile:

Carolina Crown: "For the Common Good"

Dreams-Bertrand Moren

Third Symphony-Aaron Copland

Glassmen: "GlassWorks"

Selections by Phillip Glass, Key Poulan, Rob Ferguson, James Horner, Camille Saint-Saens

This is straight from the May issue of Drum Corps World, so don't kill the messenger, please! :smile:

Carolina Crown: "For the Common Good"

Dreams-Bertrand Moren

Third Symphony-Aaron Copland

Glassmen: "GlassWorks"

Selections by Phillip Glass, Key Poulan, Rob Ferguson, James Horner, Camille Saint-Saens

Nothing on the surface here with this announcement from my perspective that sounds like it could be disappointing or problematic.

Edited by BRASSO

Has anyone found a recording of the Dreams piece? I have looked on amazon and iTunes and cant find one.

It's a really obscure piece, hardly recorded. Probably because of how ridiculously hard it is. Here's a decent recording:

• Like 4

I am definitely looking forward to Crown.

I like how they only have two pieces listed, yet BD had like a hundred. Lol

Granted the source material for Crown still has a ton to pull from for a 12 min show.

It's a really obscure piece, hardly recorded. Probably because of how ridiculously hard it is. Here's a decent recording:

Thanks for the link!

I can confirm Glassmen's show.

EDIT: removed song names since they haven't been officially announced -grumble-

Figured the beans were spilled already. Also, it is May.

Edited by euphman89
  • Like 1

So what are we left with now - Blue Knights, Bluecoats, Colts, and Spirit of Atlanta? Did I leave anyone out?

What is it this year?? You'd think this was a matter of national security. By now I'm not buying the "having all the copyright ducks in a row before they announce" theory - if a corps is still waiting on copyright permissions now on May 1st, what if they get denied? Are they going to scrap everything that they have been working on thus far? If they don't have the copyrights secured by now, then that is extremely poor planning on their part, so I'm just not buying it.

Is this purely another example of drum corps taking themselves way too seriously? Just wondering...

• Like 2