Classical voice

So Phantom doing Turandot for the 2012 got me thinking - I understand that amplified voice in itself has been used several times, yowza yowza yowza, but has anyone ever attempted to do classical singing? I'm sure that it'd also have to be amplified, but it's just a thought to put out there. I doubt Phantom would be the group to do it with its more traditional roots and approach to show design, but I think it'd certainly be an interesting realm to explore.

• Like 1

So Phantom doing Turandot for the 2012 got me thinking - I understand that amplified voice in itself has been used several times, yowza yowza yowza, but has anyone ever attempted to do classical singing? I'm sure that it'd also have to be amplified, but it's just a thought to put out there. I doubt Phantom would be the group to do it with its more traditional roots and approach to show design, but I think it'd certainly be an interesting realm to explore.

It most certainly would be interesting. I'd love to see PR do that next year. As you say...doubtful!

If by classical you mean operatic singing...I've lived with the amplification and vocals so far, but I'm not so sure I would enjoy/appreciate a belting soprano or tenor singing over the hornline...opera has just never been my thing (at least the singing anyway)...

Ugh... I'd rather see a corps stand still and play nothing for 10 min than ever hear an amplified solo singer on the field again. It has NO place in this activity.

• Like 4

unless Phantom can resurrect Luciano Pavarotti....i'd prefer there to be no singing.

Thanks.

• Like 3

unless Phantom can resurrect Luciano Pavarotti....i'd prefer there to be no singing.

Thanks.

I agree with you. After you posted, I listened to The Three Tenors...i'd also prefer there be no singing for this piece. Thanks.

Thanks.

Besides, he would be a bit overage wouldn't he? Oh wait, that's another thread.