1987 Sky Ryders is DCI.org Download of the Week

The BEST 12th Place show of all time. Such and awesome show and man did that guard really sell it.

:thumbup:

Amazing, emotional show.

Best 12th place show ever!!!!

And that color guard was so far ahead of everyone in terms of work and theatrics.

Loved that show!!!!

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

The BEST 12th Place show of all time. Such and awesome show and man did that guard really sell it.

I prefer 88 Sky for the best 12th place show, personally.

I've often said that while 84 Garfield was the best musical version of WSS, 87 Sky is the best THEATRICAL one.

And for you young'uns....check out the fact that using 2 different color schemes is not new to 11 Cadets...87 Sky did it way earlier...added a THIRD color (drums in grey), AND the color split wasn't even....it wasn't that half of each section was one color and the other half another color. 87 Sky had the upper brass in white and the lower brass in black.

Must've been a staging nightmare for Marc Sylvester!

But Boo...a couple of minor nits. The closer chart is "Somewhere," not "A Place For Us." And the differing color horns DID mix before the closer...any time the gangs interacted directly, they mixed.

But Boo...a couple of minor nits. The closer chart is "Somewhere," not "A Place For Us." And the differing color horns DID mix before the closer...any time the gangs interacted directly, they mixed.

Geez, I know that and yet I wrote the wrong title. Thanks for catching that. I've asked that it be corrected.

By "mix," I meant alternating black and white. The two colors still seem to be distinctive to me in those sections. There are times when they're kind of both in the same field of focus, but I don't get the impression they're interspersed. But I'd be interested in hearing from others who do think that. (You can teach an old Boo new tricks.)

311's Chad Sexton on the Snare line.