Visual effects we have yet to see on the field

The Human Slinky

There will always be something new and captivating that we haven't yet seen on the field. I'm amazed by this act and was wondering what it might be to see an entire guard (or a number of guard members) do something like this on the field.

There have to be other examples out there of fascinating visual effects we've yet to see on the field. What are they?

The Human Slinky

There will always be something new and captivating that we haven't yet seen on the field. I'm amazed by this act and was wondering what it might be to see an entire guard (or a number of guard members) do something like this on the field.

There have to be other examples out there of fascinating visual effects we've yet to see on the field. What are they?

ok i'll bite..um...no. It was an interesting individual performance, perhaps better suited for I&E imo. The big effects start with the music! Get with the program :-)

• Like 1

the human centipede

You know....just when I finally recovered from the nightmares I had after

seeing that movie, you had to re-open the wound. Congratulations! :shutup:

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 1

The Human Slinky

Well I'm not sure if pyrotechnics are banned along with any insurance liability issues, but how about a large Rubens tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDzPNaZPkO8

Well I'm not sure if pyrotechnics are banned along with any insurance liability issues, but how about a large Rubens tube...

Fire, for better or worse, is not allowed on the field. There's too much of a chance of something going wrong...perhaps a dry natural grass conflagration, flaming woodblocks, or a bird flying by and spreading the fire on its wings in panic, setting aflame the percussion field judge or the Alamodome fabric roof. (This year I had not one, but two pigeons roosting on the sill of the window of my press box perch in San Antonio, either watching me live blog or sizing me up for a potential meal.)

• Like 1

Fire, for better or worse, is not allowed on the field. There's too much of a chance of something going wrong...perhaps a dry natural grass conflagration, flaming woodblocks, or a bird flying by and spreading the fire on its wings in panic, setting aflame the percussion field judge or the Alamodome fabric roof. (This year I had not one, but two pigeons roosting on the sill of the window of my press box perch in San Antonio, either watching me live blog or sizing me up for a potential meal.)

It might work if somebody wanted to do Stravinsky's The Firebird again!

• Like 1

something that requires the field lights being turned off...glow in the dark, special lighting effects...

How 'bout having the whole corps start the show spread out all throuhgout the stands/stadium...then they gradually migrate to the field. That would be a judging nightmare.

Can someone bring back the upside down spinning drummers like Les Etoiles in 1997? :blink:

• Like 1

something that requires the field lights being turned off...glow in the dark, special lighting effects...

How 'bout having the whole corps start the show spread out all throuhgout the stands/stadium...then they gradually migrate to the field. That would be a judging nightmare.

Cadets did similar, about the most realistic take you could do on that in the mid 80’s….had the entire corps spread at the start and pulled into a tight Cadets block for the first hit, had members running from the tunnel to make it to the formation, very cool effect

Human catapults, trampolines or a more simple heavy ball with massive ribbon thrown, maybe some of the far flying nerf toys, stripper poles