Favorite Glassmen Show Ever

Favorite Glassmen show ever?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Glassmen show?

• 1993- "A Voyage Through Imagination" Overture, Morning Sun On The Sails, The Lion's Breath, The North Wind, Sailing
    • 1994- "Days of Future Past" Dawn, Another Morning, Peak Hour, Tuesday Afternoon, Night In White Satin
    • 1995- "A Joyful Celebration" Little Fugue in G Minor, Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring, Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee, A Mighty Fortress
    • 1997- "The Age of Gold: The Music of Georges Bizet" Scene And Variations, Changing Of The Guard (from Carmen), Intermezzo: The Mountain Pass, Farandole
    • 1998- "Dreams of Gold: The Music of Alexander Borodin" Asia Fantasia, Prince Igor Overture, Notturno (from String Quartet No. 2 in D Major), Kismet Suite, Polovetsian Dances (From Prince Igor)
    • 1999- "Empire of Gold: The Music of Zoltan Kodaly" Symphony No. 1, Variations On A Hungarian Folksong, Entrance Of The Emperor And His Court (from Hary Janos Suite)
    • 2000- "Music of George Gershwin" Piano Concerto in F
    • 2001- "IMAGO" Invocation To The Powerful Saints (from Panambi), Pampeana No. 3: Impetuosamente, Conertino for Oboe and Strings, Dance Of The Warriors (from Panambi), Pavana (from Tres Versiones Sinfónica)
    • 2002- "Odyssey" Javelin, Milennium Symphony
    • 2004- "Voice of One" Prologue Serenade for Orchestra, The Saint (from Seraphic Dialogues), The Cave, Finale For Martha
    • 2005- "A New World" New World Symphony
    • 2006- "Beethoven: Mastery and Madness" Selections from Symphonies 1-8, Moonlight Sonata, Diabelli Variations, Ode To Joy (from Symphony No. 9)
    • 2007- "Gitano" Gitano Espagnol, Alborada, La Noche, Danzas, Fandango
    • 2008- "Kar-ne-vel" Carnival is Over, The Breakfast Machine from Big Top Pee Wee, Overture, Watermark, Beirut Taxi
    • 2009- "The Journey of ONE" The Multiples of One, You Are Wherever Your Thoughts Are, The Heart Asks Pleasure First (from The Piano), Tristan and Yvaine (from Stardust), The Multiples of One, Joy (from Awakening), One
    • 2010- "The Prayer Cycle" Mercy (from The Prayer Cycle), Primacy of Number (from Naqoyqatsi), Terminal Hope (from The Prayer Cycle), Epiphanies (from Fanfare & Chorales), We're All Jungle Creatures (from The Lion in Winter)

Aww, no love for 2000? *click* :)

Fun drill and music!

2003 was also really cool... the fire crackling was especially unique. Too bad they didn't make finals that year.

Edited by ranintothedoor
  • Like 1

I've got to go with 2007. My personal favorite Glassmen show.

• Like 1

I have only included the years in which they made finals. Some great shows out there.

Love the Latin groove section in the 2005 show, and 1997 when they finally became a real "Big Boy" corps.

I voted for 1994.....saw them live that year was quite impressed. I also like (except for most of the opener) 2002....and who doesn't love the flugel and ballad from 2001....

1998! I remember humming that show at Crown camps and having a vet come holler at us for "singing the oppenents music" I didn't care.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the 1998 Glassmen

This was actually pretty hard for me. I wish I could pick two, because I definitely view the Glassmen as almost two corps... pre-2003 and after 2003. Before 2003, I would have to pick 1997. After 2003 (and the one I voted for) was 2006. I don't think it was their best performed show, but I thought it was a great concept and very clever idea. I personally thought it was a breath of fresh air for them. 2006-2008 were pretty entertaining shows. Did not care for some of their more recent offerings... I actually do not remember much about them.

So... 2006 with 1997 in a VERY close second.