Restructuring the DCI BOD

I was not even alive when DCI was formed, so I have no idea about it at all. For all I know, the original intent was an elaborate goat smuggling ring under the cover of a traveling kid's drum corps circuit.

Not surprised with this statement; you have already established that you have no respect for our Constitution, so why would you have any respect for any other document or agreement made prior to your superior intellect gracing this temporal world.

It's just kid's marching band.

Give me a break; if you yourself thought it was *just* kids marching band you would not have placed so much of your own time, effort, and resources into this thread.

You have just opened up yourself to make a public acknowledgement here: Will you, known to DCP as Garfield, form an agreed alliance with Danielray if he somehow has the influence to convince DCI to cut all but 17 corps out of DCI. Yes, or No.

No, I will not make any such pronouncement until I've been given the opportunity to read the footnotes of said agreement.

I'm an investor, Stu, not a politician.

• Like 1

Not surprised with this statement; you have already established that you have no respect for our Constitution, so why would you have any respect for any other document or agreement made prior to your superior intellect gracing this temporal world.

Constitution is meaningless on it's own... it is like saying that the element carbon is deserving of unique reverence. The constitution is simply one element among many that contribute to creating a stable society.

Give me a break; if you yourself thought it was *just* kids marching band you would not have placed so much of your own time, effort, and resources into this thread.

I like kid's marching band... think it is useful.

I like kid's marching band... think it is useful.

Fine; let's look then at the marketing potential for your sponsorship ideas. Both TOB and BOA (kid's marching bands) have a larger fan base and larger participation than DCI (which results in way more positive exposure for companies), they are the best scholastic marching ensembles in the world, and they are attached to schools which hold football games (which would greatly help promote your food truck idea). There are also way more adults/parents with expendable incomes who purchase the videos of performances (a great place for ads), more kids are involved who purchase those campy t-shirts like, "Beware; I beat my Drums!". Many bands are also million dollar entities charging the performers as much, if not more, in dues than many DCI corps. All of this combined yields way less risk for an investor to turn a profit in TOB and BOA than DCI. And, if you like kid's marching band, find it useful, combined with ways to market products, services, etc.. for profit, you would seize this opportunity instead of DCI because it makes more sense. So come on Danielray; it is just kid's marching band, right? And you want to get investors involve to make a profit while supporting the kid's marching band, right? (but you would have a hard time convening TOB and BOA to eliminate all bands below the 17th placement mark). Now you may try to argue the best of the best issue; Bunk! If you wanted to support the best of the best you would also desire Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Spirit of Atlanta, Glassmen, Troopers, the Academy, and the Colts to be thrown out of DCI because when have they ever, I mean ever, competed for the best of the best title?

Edited by Stu

I was not even alive when DCI was formed, so I have no idea about it at all. For all I know, the original intent was an elaborate goat smuggling ring under the cover of a traveling kid's drum corps circuit.

And if that is the level of understanding that you bring to your proposals....that explains a lot. :tongue:

No, I will not make any such pronouncement until I've been given the opportunity to read the footnotes of said agreement.

I'm an investor, Stu, not a politician.

So, there are no politics in negotiating investment deals, no politics in public relations with for-profit ventures, and no politics in DCI, interesting. By the way, no need for footnotes here, simple question: Will you support Danielray in throwing 18th - whatever out of DCI? Waffle and spin you reply again and it means you are actually open to that idea.

That isn't going to happen. It is simply an opportunity of convenience... if you have to start it from zero, the effort is not really worth it. This is an incremental form of support, one that allows the ability to test out new things as well, get feedback from youth, etc. That is where the opportunity is, the incremental extension of an existing effort.

Actually, no....the effort you proposed is not existing. You suggested that a corps (or a number of corps) might obtain free food supply in exchange for their participation in this "product demo". None of the corps are currently getting fed for free.

So what we're really comparing is the following:

1. Food company donates food to corps for "product demo" that must take place at time/place on corps' tour schedule. Thus, food company must also somehow talk school decision-makers into showing up at this out-of-the-way time/place.

2. Food company donates food to school for "product demo" when school is in session, and school decision-makers are in town and working anyway. Now the food company must provide cooks....but no extra effort in getting the school admins to show up. Oh, and let's not forget all the positive PR and tax writeoffs that go along with this free-school-lunch-for-a-day program.

If you were running the food supplier, which option would you choose first?

Fine; let's look then at the marketing potential for your sponsorship ideas. Both TOB and BOA (kid's marching bands) have a larger fan base

....citation, please.

Now you may try to argue the best of the best issue; Bunk! If you wanted to support the best of the best you would also desire Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Spirit of Atlanta, Glassmen, Troopers, the Academy, and the Colts to be thrown out of DCI because when have they ever, I mean ever, competed for the best of the best title?

Well, Blue Stars and Troopers have both placed 2nd in DCI finals. But that was before Daniel was born, so it isn't relevant.

• Like 1

Fine; let's look then at the marketing potential for your sponsorship ideas. Both TOB and BOA (kid's marching bands) have a larger fan base and larger participation than DCI (which results in way more positive exposure for companies), they are the best scholastic marching ensembles in the world, and they are attached to schools which hold football games (which would greatly help promote your food truck idea). There are also way more adults/parents with expendable incomes who purchase the videos of performances (a great place for ads), more kids are involved who purchase those campy t-shirts like, "Beware; I beat my Drums!". Many bands are also million dollar entities charging the performers as much, if not more, in dues than many DCI corps. All of this combined yields way less risk for an investor to turn a profit in TOB and BOA than DCI. And, if you like kid's marching band, find it useful, combined with ways to market products, services, etc.. for profit, you would seize this opportunity instead of DCI because it makes more sense. So come on Danielray; it is just kid's marching band, right? And you want to get investors involve to make a profit while supporting the kid's marching band, right? (but you would have a hard time convening TOB and BOA to eliminate all bands below the 17th placement mark). Now you may try to argue the best of the best issue; Bunk! If you wanted to support the best of the best you would also desire Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Spirit of Atlanta, Glassmen, Troopers, the Academy, and the Colts to be thrown out of DCI because when have they ever, I mean ever, competed for the best of the best title?

One thing to mention... sometimes an investor showing a loss.. or at least not breaking even for awhile is a good thing. Beats cutting a fat check to the IRS, and you get a different sort of value and with less restrictions than a donation. Again.. a different sort of mindset to consider.... not all investments are design to show an immediate profit, if even ever fully return the money. There are some investments that can be a win for the investor by actually losing money. More to it than that...but...

So, there are no politics in negotiating investment deals, no politics in public relations with for-profit ventures, and no politics in DCI, interesting. By the way, no need for footnotes here, simple question: Will you support Danielray in throwing 18th - whatever out of DCI? Waffle and spin you reply again and it means you are actually open to that idea.

I like waffles! :tongue:

But that fact reflects nothing about what I would or would not be open to.

You'll find I'm much nicer to deal with when I'm not backed into a corner that I didn't create, Stu.