Uncertainties

So its that time again. We all know what im talking about... Auditons. Everyone is out and about and im still here deciding on which corps to try out for. With the economy (yeah im using it as an excuse) I can really only audition for one corps. Im really leaning torwards Pacific Crest, but im new too marching world class and like most people i just want to march everywhere. Since im from the west coast i still have time as auditions are in december. I really dont know what to do right now. Whether i should just wait it out and see if any top 12 corps have holes before spring training or go through with auditioning for Pacific Crest. DCP community Im in need of some guidance x.x

March Pacific Crest.

Coming from some who has march 6 different corps in the last 12 years, the experience is what you'll truly remember and cherish. The top 12 corps get to perform one extra show, that's the only difference. The competition aspect is purely for bragging rights, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Definitely go for Pacific Crest auditions. Don't wait around. You'll have the time of your life - go for it!

Those corps will likely open those spots to top talent with previous corps experience or alumni.

March Pacific Crest! It does not matter where you march, just THAT you march!

Go audition for PC, it's a great learning and life experience.

definitely march PC!

there absolutely will be holes in top 12 corps during spring training, but as someone else said, they will be mostly filled with vets of that corps who were taking the summer off until that point, or vets with other corps experience, or through personal connections.

absolutely you should march PC.

Besides... Crest is pretty dang good. The differences between 12th and 18-20th place are so minimal as to not make a difference... Like someone else here said, it's only one extra show. That said, don't go to Crest if you are only settling for marching there... Go to Crest because you WANT to be there. There was nothing I hated more when I marched, than to have members that clearly wanted to be somewhere else (SCV, BD)... that were only using Freelancers as a stepping stone to a ring.

Try out for SCV!!! Strong corps that's only going up this year, play's some very cool stuff and has some very cool tradition.

Audition and do it if you make it! Then use that experience to help prepare you for a possible spot in a top 12 corps (if that is what you want) in years to come.