The Bridgemen Alumni Official Finals Week Petition

Indeed, and the crowd reaction was very mixed. It wasn't the positive reaction overall that I think most DCA folks expected (and yes, I was there).

probably because there is a dis connect. Im sure they were great but the alumni thing at DCI becomes great looking back on the old DCI experience not DCA.......................Doesnt mean they werent good just not a connect I imagine.

probably because there is a dis connect. Im sure they were great but the alumni thing at DCI becomes great looking back on the old DCI experience not DCA.......................Doesnt mean they werent good just not a connect I imagine.

exactly. Even with Finals being in Boston, that doesnt mean a lot of the crowd knows DCA.

As I said several posts ago, to really connect at DCI Finals week, a DCi tie in needs to be there, or pre DCI but junior like Royal Airs

Have that when my wife and I go to DCA Weekend and not just for the Alumnis. She never marched and didn't discover corps until the mid 80s. She enjoys it but doesn't get that extra feeling when a corps I competed against comes on or an Alumni corps plays something I remember. Good as the Cabs Alum are, I'm sure the people at Foxboro who never followed DCA heard the field intro and thought "and so?...".

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Indeed, and the crowd reaction was very mixed. It wasn't the positive reaction overall that I think most DCA folks expected (and yes, I was there).

I was there as well. Honestly I think it was probably the least receptive of any crowd I have ever seen the CA perform for. DCA crowds throw babies whenever they show up. While some in the Foxboro crowd did, others offered a polite clap.

That's actually why earlier I said the B'men would have to really strengthen their visual program if they were to get the nod for DCI's exhibition.

• Like 1

That's actually why earlier I said the B'men would have to really strengthen their visual program if they were to get the nod for DCI's exhibition.

I don't see any need for a visual program for this particular spot, just park & bark.

And IMO the crowd reception would be even better to a drill and guard program.

Come on folks, the Bridgemen are ...well... the BRIDGEMEN! They march to their own drummer (no pun intended) and always have. I can honestly say that back in my junior days (about a million years ago) they were the corps that we feared the most. You never know what the hell they're going to do. Would I pay to see them? You bet! :smile:

• Like 1

I was there as well. Honestly I think it was probably the least receptive of any crowd I have ever seen the CA perform for. DCA crowds throw babies whenever they show up. While some in the Foxboro crowd did, others offered a polite clap.

not just visual. Do all past tunes, not something someone created that kinda sounds like old tunes.

Do as much of the famous schtick as in days gone by. Look, I know they can't do the company front on their knees anymore. But hell...let the South win again. gene Gene the Dancin Machine. The Chicken. The Andrews Sisters.

If you're going to do any drill, be it stuff thats remembered...I mean I cant blame Star for not doing cross to cross on the field. I thought they were nuts the first time. But 27th did the wheel rotating even with all 10k of them out there.

And IMO the crowd reception would be even better to a drill and guard program.

well......maybe.

Royal Airs did a full drill in 02. SCV did not. Crowd went ape for both. Given that Bridgemen drill that may be remembered is based on schtick, I don't see it. Star's only real movement last year was transitioning from tune to tune. crowd didnt complain