Restructuring Classes

I'm not sure about this... I like the idea of having more divisions in DCI like before, but its kinda like saying because the Troopers havn't made finals in years they are not to be in world class... I think they should be in my opinion... they are just a great corps.

Shouldn't the concept of classes be organic? If you can move up for stepping up the game, shouldn't you move down for not keeping on par?

Not really. I'm not emotional about things. I just see this in a purely practical sense.

I never said emotion. I said your ties. You can be practical with your ties.

Isn't this basically how the WGI promotion scheme works? They seem to handle it pretty well, and it keeps Open Class interesting.

WGi units aren't paid tho.

kinda like OC in DCI

I never said emotion. I said your ties. You can be practical with your ties.

I don't want just a few corps to succeed... I would just like all to be on the same level as the top corps. I'm also tired of the same corps winning all the time... would be nicer if there was a shakeup there. So, I want the exact opposite of a table weighted in favour of corps I had been involved with in the past.

Anyway, all it takes is money. I don't think just throwing money at it would be the solution... but investing in an engine that would increase revenues would be the way to go.

I also don't this could happen overnight... or in one year.... but maybe 5-7. But, right now... planning for future growth and strengthening the core should include a bit of pruning.... and a maybe an adjusted focus.

WGi units aren't paid tho.

kinda like OC in DCI

Oh, I was talking more about the distinction between "World Class" groups and "Open Class" groups -- not the business side of the distinction, but rather the performance level. I'm perfectly fine limiting the number of WC groups to those groups who actually *are* world class.

For example, Pioneer is in the DCI World Class. They (and other groups in World Class) are not at a world class level of performance, though. In fact, there are high school bands that are better, performance-wise. What's wrong with making WC an exclusive group?

• Like 2

I don't want just a few corps to succeed... I would just like all to be on the same level as the top corps. I'm also tired of the same corps winning all the time... would be nicer if there was a shakeup there. So, I want the exact opposite of a table weighted in favour of corps I had been involved with in the past.

Anyway, all it takes is money. I don't think just throwing money at it would be the solution... but investing in an engine that would increase revenues would be the way to go.

I also don't this could happen overnight... or in one year.... but maybe 5-7. But, right now... planning for future growth and strengthening the core should include a bit of pruning.... and a maybe an adjusted focus.

Daniel, you are always going to have good corps and corps not at their level. Just as you have football teams that can go 16-0 and teams thatcan go 0-16. You must realize that some corps towards the bottom of the rankings do what they do, and it helps keep them afloat. They dont want to be robbing Peter to pay Paul like some top corps do all in the name of winning. Your "solutions" do nothing to allow for this. Increasing revenues may in several cases just lead to more poor behaviors.

Growing revenues is great. The great unspoken issue is that people have to change their behaviors too. Sometimes trying to take on too much in the name of victory can actually hurt you

Oh, I was talking more about the distinction between "World Class" groups and "Open Class" groups -- not the business side of the distinction, but rather the performance level. I'm perfectly fine limiting the number of WC groups to those groups who actually *are* world class.

For example, Pioneer is in the DCI World Class. They (and other groups in World Class) are not at a world class level of performance, though. In fact, there are high school bands that are better, performance-wise. What's wrong with making WC an exclusive group?

no issue....but you have to change the business model. It's quite clear some want OC to get nothing, some are ok with what they get now. If I am Pioneer, getting WC money, being "forced" into OC is a financial bloodbath. You have to have both sides of the house in order, and DCI for far too long only thought about the scores, not the business