bugle corps or bugle band

with the introduction of b flat instruments, shoulden't the "Drum corps " be called Brass Bands ?

• Like 1

personally, I have always felt slighted being called drum corps... are there not more horn players than drummers?

Not to mention that drummers are by design some of the whackiest people on earth?

My choice would have been BUGLE Corps...

lol

• Like 1

personally, I have always felt slighted being called drum corps... are there not more horn players than drummers?

Not to mention that drummers are by design some of the whackiest people on earth?My choice would have been BUGLE Corps...

lol

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Then again... not like any of us French horn players were very tightly wrapped. :tongue:

with the introduction of b flat instruments, shoulden't the "Drum corps " be called Brass Bands ?

Nah, that'd imply that the horns were in Eb... If you really want to be technical about it. :satisfied:

Nah, that'd imply that the horns were in Eb... If you really want to be technical about it. :satisfied:

Members of Scout House told me at DCA this year they were called a band instead of a corps because they march glockenspiels. Hopefully one of the members or staff can post online and officially confirm this.

Not to mention that drummers are by design some of the whackiest people on earth?

My choice would have been BUGLE Corps...

lol

Then of course you have the Guard, aren't the horns and drums just the sound system for the guard anyhow :shutup::devil:

• Like 1

we say drum corps because, like the young people today, we shorten everything. We could say bugle corps but that is 3 syllables. Drum corps is 2. We could say corps (and we do) and that is only 1 syllable.

Who wants to say, "I march in a drum and bugle corps." To many syllables. We would be better off saying BAND! I personally don't care but since 1970 (for me) it's been drum corps and it means the same to me as does drum and bugle corps. I get it and if you've been in the activity a year or two it will mean the same to you.