Madison Scouts 2012

If you end up making it to the rehearsal, please tell us your thoughts

on how they are doing and how you like the show!

I managed to make it to the Scouts rehearsal site tonight. Much later then I had planned due to work but couldn't help it. I was the only spectator which was unusual I thought. Anyway - I didn't get to hear the hornline let loose as they were doing visual the entire time I was there. They were working hard and looking sharp. That drum major really knows how to take command and was very impressive. The drumline sounded very good (I of course spent most of my time watching them rehearse). A little smaller than the last couple of years unfortunately (8-4-5 and no cymbal line) but they sure can drum. The front ensemble was doing their thing as well and sounded very melodic. Guard seemed very much in synch - and were very much enjoying their practice time. I wish I could give insight into the music but I didn't hear any except from the pit. Still, it was cool to see where they (and Star) rehearse(d) and I was really impressed with how the staff were running things.

• Like 4

I managed to make it to the Scouts rehearsal site tonight. Much later then I had planned due to work but couldn't help it. I was the only spectator which was unusual I thought. Anyway - I didn't get to hear the hornline let loose as they were doing visual the entire time I was there. They were working hard and looking sharp. That drum major really knows how to take command and was very impressive. The drumline sounded very good (I of course spent most of my time watching them rehearse). A little smaller than the last couple of years unfortunately (8-4-5 and no cymbal line) but they sure can drum. The front ensemble was doing their thing as well and sounded very melodic. Guard seemed very much in synch - and were very much enjoying their practice time. I wish I could give insight into the music but I didn't hear any except from the pit. Still, it was cool to see where they (and Star) rehearse(d) and I was really impressed with how the staff were running things.

Thanks for the detailed report, even though you didn't get to hear the horns. I've

got a couple more weeks before I get to see them (and all Corps) live and I can't wait!

• Like 3

2 weeks until the first show and about 35pages in on the standard view, not too bad :cool:

hope the corps is doing great and can't wait til the first show where i get to experience the 2012 Madison Scouts :worthy:

I would think the Scouts should be getting a delivery from Yamaha soon right? Looking forward to seeing the new drum finish.

• Like 1

I would think the Scouts should be getting a delivery from Yamaha soon right? Looking forward to seeing the new drum finish.

I heard the drums are already in. Like everything else this season, they are tight lipped on the finish.rock.gif

• Like 1

I heard the drums are already in. Like everything else this season, they are tight lipped on the finish.rock.gif

Yes - I've been told things are being kept quiet for now. It's all good. Can't wait to see what the Scouts are bringing this season! :worthy:

Quick question: Does anyone know if the Scouts will be having a dress rehearsal in Bloomington this year? I know they're moving up to Wisconsin shortly, so I'll guess they'll dress rehearse up there, but I'd like to know for sure. It's been a lot of fun getting a sneak peak at the show the last couple of years.

I think they posted on facebook at some point in time that they don't have access to Memorial Stadium at IU this spring so they've been at a different smaller college when they can.

I would guess they do a dress rehearsal a day or 2 before the first show just to make sure they have all the timing down from entering, performing, and exiting the field in the time allowed

I read on FB Scouts had three visual blocks yesterday and got their show on the filed four days early.

Edited by Cop
  • Like 2