Madison Scouts 2012

I'm jumping in with a lot of trepidation knowing what can happen to dissent in a thread like this ...

Still, I have to agree with the view that doubts that Madison was "overwhelmingly the crowd favorite." I know too many people who put Phantom and Crown as their favorite. That doesn't even account for the many who favored Cadets or even Blue Devils.

Yes, lots of folks loved Madison. But 2011 wasn't a desert island where only one decent disc played. Last year more than most had so many favorites. To say Madison was overwhelmingly the favorite doesn't jibe with an extraordinary year in which we loved so many so much.

HH

I think drum corps fans are stupid for arguing so much over minutia. We've had people in this thread actually stipulate to the actually length of time of a standing ovation in comparison to other corps' lengths of time for their standing ovations! That is stupid/crazy!!!

I think it's safe to say that Madison Scouts 2011 had a popular, fan friendly show: that seems pretty much indisputable from even non-Scout fans, right? They were one of the more popular shows, other corps seemed pretty popular, and EVERY corps has its fan base.

Is that fair enough? Can we actually move on?

• Like 1

I hate the Bluecoats with a passion. I haven't enjoyed a product they've put on the field since Night in Tunesia. I find them gimmicky and boring. I especially can't stand when people rave about them as if they're something special. I literally couldn't be happier than if they closed up shop tomorrow and were never heard from againand I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

:doh: really?!?!

just...wow

Interesting, IMO, that you say this:

I literally couldn't be happier than if they closed up shop tomorrow and were never heard from again and I don't care what anyone thinks of that.

But went back and edited your original post to exclude your "passionate hatred" of Bluecoats. Guess you care a little bit what people think?

• Like 3

just...wow

But went back and edited your original post to exclude your "passionate hatred" of Bluecoats. Guess you care a little bit what people think?

Edited by warsawstory

Was Madison "THE" crowd favorite last year? Perhaps. Perhaps not. There are two things that are undeniable about last year's show though. First, consider that people certainly have their favorite single show of the year, which may or may not have been Madison. Beyond this first show though, most fans will tell you they had several other favorites they can list beyond their top show. If you consider THIS list of favorites, Madison would appear on almost every one of them. That is what gets them considered a crowd favorite. Second, consider the show content. Personally, were I a director, I would not in a million years have considered doing a show on 9/11. The idea is filled with danger and pitfalls. But Madison not only did it, they did it astoundingly well and got it "right" in ways few would ever have expected. It was without a doubt THE emotional show of the year.

• Like 1

Was Madison "THE" crowd favorite last year?

I got this one -

This is the Madison Scouts 2012 thread. Therefore....yes, they were THE crowd favorite. Thank you.

:w00t:

• Like 2

Saying it makes you one. Congrats!

In a Scouts thread...and to illustrate a point. So, no.

• Like 2

just...wow

Pretty sure I edited for minor grammatical errors and spelling. The rest of my post stands exactly as you quoted it above. Didn't remove any of that, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. But, I literally DGAF. Not even a little. I was making a point by using an analogy. :)

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

Looking forward to Madison 2012! Wooo! :thumbup:

• Like 1