A 30 year placement trend for BD....

Boring

Perhaps, but have you never been captivated by something that others found less than intriguing? And did they make a point to publicly tell you so?

• Like 1

Perhaps, but have you never been captivated by something that others found less than intriguing? And did they make a point to publicly tell you so?

= 75% of my conversations last tour T_T

= 75% of my conversations last tour T_T

You know; I could never understand why the guys on my corps bus could never get into caring about Frank Lloyd Wright's groundbreaking use of cantilevers. It seemed such a logical topic to explore as we drove outside of Pittsburgh, just an hour or two away from Fallingwater.

• Like 1

Hey has anyone ever noticed this? 78 and 08 are not parallel, but everything else is....

1977 Blue Devils - 1st place

1978 Blue Devils - 3rd place

1979 Blue Devils - 1st place

1980 Blue Devils - 1st place

1981 Blue Devils - 2nd place

------------------------

2007 Blue Devils - 1st place

2008 Blue Devils - 2nd place

2009 Blue Devils - 1st place

2010 Blue Devils - 1st place

2011 Blue Devils - 2nd place

(Enter Twilight Zone Music here)

very eerie... each year, they are called the Blue Devils.

• Like 4

The real trend is that BD has never not won after missing a three-peat.

BD will win 2012.

We heard from some that BD always won in years that ended in "6."

Trends are made to be broken.

But I believe BD will continue to be in the thick of contenders for many years to come.

President Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy. President Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln. :tongue:

They were both assassinated in Fords too. :winky:

Ford's Theater and a Ford Car.

So I heard anyway. Haha

Edited by Pat61

Suggesting that BD dominance is a function of the level of performer they get is shortsighted. Is it a component? Of course. But they are consistent because of uniform excellence in design. They keep their design team together, reward them for their efforts and are fortunate enough to have those that feel organizational goals outweigh personal interest. There's no "one person" magic bullet as PR09 can attest to...it's a design staff that works together and is open to others input. It's the best kind of creative environment, built on multiple sources of talent. Some years, it's this designer and next year is that designer, some years the music is the center of gravity, some years the visual...in either case they get behind the concept and work together to wring out every idea. And perhaps most importantly...are willing (as a group) to change or remove components of the design that don't work (and they do this early). As I have said, I have personally witnessed a member on the field (literally on the field) present an idea and seen it worked in and kept.

But yes, Brasso....they are bleeding talent from other corps...this is true..but that's NOT the only reason for their consistency.

:withstupid: